overall

RATINGS: 736   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   IBU: 57   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Boulevard Single-Wide I.P.A. is our take on a style that originated in 18th century Great Britain. This American versionóinspired by our Smokestack Series Double-Wide I.P.A.óboasts a heady combination of six varieties of hops, some of which were employed for dry-hopping.

FalseLion (25) - - AUG 30, 2012
You can not go wrong with this IPA. Great hippy taste. You can tell boulevard uses quality ingredients .

Jbillhill (9) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - OCT 25, 2012 does not count
95. Why? Iím biased, as a kansas city resident where a six pack of this is less than a California craft draft plus tip in a sports bar. Of cousre, I should buy more six packs of boulevards finest beer. Why? Pours the color of a shiny wood floor. Tastes like the floor gave way and I fell into a pit of hopeful laughter. This is my go to.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Cuff_Links (35) - - AUG 2, 2012
A nice subtle, but still hoppy, IPA. It does not have the citrus range of the hops, but still a nice hop flavor. There was some malt, not too much. The finish was a nice hop bitter. Would drink again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
tdcritch (153) - Missouri, USA - FEB 24, 2009
Great balance of hops. Great hoppy after taste and a good light body. Hazy yellow pour. Decent white head. One of my favorite beers.

drewgolf1 (4) - Texas, USA - SEP 12, 2011 does not count
This is a great IPA. Color is exactly what you would expect, aroma, flavor, all right in line. This was one of the 6 in the variety 12pk I got and definitely my favorite out of the 6. Will drink again and have referred many of my friends to this beer.

jbuskirk (305) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - DEC 30, 2013
Six packs of this beer were, for a time, available for $5.99 at my local Walmart. I thought that it was an unbelievable value for such a great beer. My first experience with Boulevard was also made possible by a great value. I purchased a bottle at the local wine shop for a dollar in a year-end sale. One of the best dollars Iíve ever spent. Single-Wide has a lot of malt sweetness and a hearty amount of hop spiciness. Itís an even brew thatís light on alcohol and abrasiveness but big on flavor.

BeerdedDave (126) - - JAN 20, 2014
12 oz. bottle; amber color; great citrusy hop aroma; very nice, smooth, bitter, citrusy hop flavor; extremely well balanced; smooth, almost creamy mouthfeel; dry, bitter finish; an outstanding IPA

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SPDickerman (881) - Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2012
Pours pale orange with a large, bright white, fluffy head. Smells of citrus, a touch of pine, and some flowers. Taste is not overwhelmingly bitter, but still has a solid bitterness with some citrus and an ever so slight hint of pine. Medium-bodied with a smooth texture and average mouth-carbonation, Boulevard Single-Wide IPA finishes with some lingering bitterness that tickles the tongue.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
DConMan (114) - Ballwin, Missouri, USA - AUG 8, 2012
Enjoyed in a pint glass at Fox N Hound in Chesterfield Valley (Chesterfield, MO). 2nd Review... Enjoyed on-tap for $2.50 @ Fox N Hound in Chesterfield, MO. Finished with their Fish n Chips. (1st) Appearance- Amber color, cloudy throughout, and 2 fingers of head (2nd) Appearance- Clear Golden/Amber body with 1 Finger of head that died quickly. A huge netting of lace was left on the side as well. (1st) Smell- Extreme hops with citrus. Awesome! (2nd) Smell- Citrus hops upfront and a grassy/floral combo as well. There are a complexed amount of hops in this Single Wide IPA. (1st) Taste- Almost has enough hops to be an IPA. There is a caramel twist inside and has the best complex flavor possible. Have enjoyed in a bottle many times as well. (2nd) Taste- Funny that I said "has enough hops to be an IPA" before. I think the Style from BA was an APA even though this is clearly an IPA. I hit on these huge citrus hops again and pale malts were contributed to a great end of drink bitterness. (1st) Mouthfeel- Medium Bodied with good sensations as it hits my palate (2nd) Mouthfeel- Light-Medium Bodied, Small Carbonation, and smooth tasting IPA! (1st) Drinkability- Very hoppy, but a sensational ale. I would say this is my favorite of Boulevardís and can always turn people onto this ale. Ordered another one after my first tasting. Could only drink two or three though, takes a while to drink this ale. (2nd) Overall- Once again, has enough hops to kill a man, but I dig this type of IPA. Would like to try doing 2 tastings/reviewings of many beers I list on BA but like to move onto as many as possible.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
aetheon (82) - The Gutter, Minnesota, USA - FEB 26, 2010
hazy golden yellow, cream colored head, moderate lacing. moderate to heavy carbonation. Flavors are strong in both hops and a good malty backbone. Mouthfeel is full. Notes of grapefruit crispness and hearty doughy balance. This is awsome, its almost right in between a typical pale ale and punchy IPA. I will be buying this one again very soon.