Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 491   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Boulevards summer seasonal is our interpretation of a classic Belgian witbier. ZŌN (Flemish for sun) combines the subtle flavors of coriander and orange peel with other traditional ingredients to create a delightful, refreshing summertime brew. 2009 GABF gold medal winner in Belgian-Style Witbier category.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jzzbassman (1525) - Arlington, Texas, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Like Hoegaarden, but with this one I don't have to worry about how long it has sat on the shelf. Best after mowing the lawn.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lemonlovr (190) - Orland Park, Illinois, USA - AUG 19, 2003
One of my all-time favorite everyday beers. Yes, Zon is nothing too special. It won't change the world. But it's easy to find in Norman and always leaves me refreshed. The aroma is slighly spicy and cirtusy - very nice. The color is even better, a lovely hazy yellow that is unique. The flavor is the best - well balanced and not overbearing with a spicy citrus feel. I don't usually like my beers to hit me in the face, and Zon goes down nice and easy. Hoegaarden may be the champ of the Belgian-made witbiers, but Zon is certainly at the top of the American versions.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
adwoan99 (244) - Ft. Worth, Texas, USA - AUG 18, 2003
Everyone seemed to agree that this beer resembles a "good" American Standard. Mild hop aroma and flavour, it does have a nice sweet citrusy personality, like the deScription says, "orange peel" but other than that, it's a fairly average, thought very drinkable lighter Belgian.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nuffield (3912) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - AUG 18, 2003
Of the first four Boulevard beers I tried, this was the first to leave me moderately impressed within its style. Lovely hazy, though light yellow appearance, with a ring of head. Very mild aroma, but a hint of clove fits the bill. The flavor is better--some more spice, lemon, and a Hoegaarden like blend of things. A good version of it that I would enjoy offering at summertime events.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
lurch63 (1) - Kansas, USA - AUG 5, 2003 does not count
Great citrus aroma. Excellent flavor. This is great beer during a barbque, and it comes from Boulevard in KC, the home of BBQ. I wish they'd make this year round.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BckDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUL 29, 2003
The ultimate haze I'd ever seen in a beer, yellow color but completely opaque, very unique appearance. Aroma is citrusy with hop, yeast, banana and clove. Flavor is very clean, mild, with similar notes as the aroma. This one seems very close to a German Wheat beer for me. Palate is zesty and refreshing and reinforces the strong banana flashback this beer is so fond of. This was a good Belgian wit, one of the best I've had yet. Thanks Indra!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 28, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2003 I love tasting a beer, that I had never heard of and had absolutely no expectations for and I end really liking the taste. THe aroma gives away everything int the taste and that is kind of disappointing. I taste the typical belgian appetifs, such as bananas, cloves, corianders and orange peels. A midley complex taste, medium bodied, and very light and golden. I would drink it again. Very tasty and liveing on the tastebuds. Thanks Indra!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jake Barnes (456) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 21, 2003
Pretty impressive wit. Lively mouthfeel. Citric/floral nose. A yeasty flavor with hints of slightly sugared citrus fruits. Very refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - JUL 19, 2003
Cloudy lemonade color, with a citrus-peach aroma. The head didn't last but the lacing was pretty good as I drank it. Light bodied and on the sweet side with orange and banana flavors. The finish was short and sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
jsquire (3866) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JUL 17, 2003
Cloudy banana yellow color with a thin white head and a subtle spice nose. Light, lemony flavor with nice spice notes and a strong yeast tang in the finish. A little watery mouthfeel, but a nice summer refresher.