overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 476   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Boulevards summer seasonal is our interpretation of a classic Belgian witbier. ZŌN (Flemish for sun) combines the subtle flavors of coriander and orange peel with other traditional ingredients to create a delightful, refreshing summertime brew. 2009 GABF gold medal winner in Belgian-Style Witbier category.

FalseLion (25) - - AUG 30, 2012
Marvelous white beer. Perfect beer for a sunny summer day. Great diverse taste. Another quality boulevard beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jpieper (15) - Broomfied, Colorado, USA - JUN 28, 2010
Very sweet and citrus flavored. Easy drinking and refreshing. Good beer for a hot summer afternoon. Definitely a good one for the ladies.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chd456799 (3) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - AUG 9, 2001 does not count
The beer has a citrus aftertaste, but overall i was pleased with it. However, I think it will only be made for a limited time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
lurch63 (1) - Kansas, USA - AUG 5, 2003 does not count
Great citrus aroma. Excellent flavor. This is great beer during a barbque, and it comes from Boulevard in KC, the home of BBQ. I wish they'd make this year round.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
unixrab (13) - USA - DEC 29, 2007
It took me two years to love this beer... as I *hated* it the first time I tried it...yet something kept drawing me back... this is the pinnacle of summer refreshment - light, crisp and the anise/corriander is addictive - after you start to like it. If you dont like it... keep at it every once in a while when its hot outside and you have some shade.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
flickjac (4) - St. charles, Missouri, USA - JAN 9, 2009 does not count
This is a fantastic summer brew! It has a really nice citrusy aroma and flavor backed up with a hint of coriander spice followed up with an amazingly yeasty aftertaste. This is my overall favorite beer from boulevard and one I will be drinking for years to come.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lemonlovr (190) - Orland Park, Illinois, USA - AUG 19, 2003
One of my all-time favorite everyday beers. Yes, Zon is nothing too special. It won't change the world. But it's easy to find in Norman and always leaves me refreshed. The aroma is slighly spicy and cirtusy - very nice. The color is even better, a lovely hazy yellow that is unique. The flavor is the best - well balanced and not overbearing with a spicy citrus feel. I don't usually like my beers to hit me in the face, and Zon goes down nice and easy. Hoegaarden may be the champ of the Belgian-made witbiers, but Zon is certainly at the top of the American versions.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jzzbassman (1467) - New Albany, Mississippi, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Like Hoegaarden, but with this one I don't have to worry about how long it has sat on the shelf. Best after mowing the lawn.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Braudog (5574) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - NOV 28, 2004
Light orange yellow hazy beer. Eminently yeasty in aroma and flavors. Very smooth. Decent wit.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
drabmuh (194) - Maryland, USA - AUG 18, 2010
I was fortunate enough to go on the Boulevard brewery tour while I was in KC recently. The tour was not very informative as far as beer tours go, but the tasting at the end was excellent and turned me onto several beers that I had not heard of. I bought a 6 pack of this beer after the tour and took it home. I served it in a pint glass. There are a few beers that I say you can just smell forever. And people comment to me sometimes how long i smell some beers before I taste them, this was one of them. The beer was light in color and cloudy. The smell was amazing, a mixture of yeast and the sweet ether smell associated with some belgian styles. It went down smooth and had very little after taste. This beer was excellent. Wit is not my favorite style, but there was no citrus aftertaste sometime associated with some Wit beers. It was great. Serving type: bottle