overall

RATINGS: 79   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A strong ale or "Winter Warmer" with dark red-brown color and a very rich malty flavor. Dry-hopped lightly with Cascades for a pleasant aroma and slightly spicy hop finish. This big beer is deceptively strong, yet tastes very smooth thanks to extra long cold conditioning.Original Gravity: 1.072

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - DEC 25, 2003
This stuff wants me to make a raodie up to WA. For an English Ale, this stuff kicks ass. So malty & floral with a perfect balance of malt. I love these guys.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Suttree (4906) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 23, 2003
Reddish Brown, thin brown head. Smells of Licorace and Malt. Flavors of licorace, nutmeg, cherry pie, and gingerbread, plus some woodsy hoppiness. Crisp, dry finish. Tasty!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 20, 2003
Citrusy, spicy hop aroma. Deep malty flavour with some spice and a dry, hoppy finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2003
I couldn't smell that night, because I was getting over a cold, so I took my friends word on what it smelled like, and judged it from there. It was malty like all strong ales. It had great hops to balance it, go boundary Bay. I can't wait to try it in the bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
aracauna (2997) - Georgia, USA - JAN 3, 2003
Dark ruby brown with white head that disipates quickly. SOme caramel, hay, alcohol, mild hop bite, weird sour fruitiness (prunes) that Iíve smelled in some other beers. Not as big in the taste. Less than impressive and a bit watery.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Crit (3245) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 19, 2002
Light fruit malt nose. Toasted malt flavor with medium finish. The alcohol heat rather spoils the beer in this case I feel

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2002
The name makes me think of Jack in The Shining. Well, I did not get this beer from an imaginary bartender who told me to murder my wife and children, but I guess I do not have a wife or child(ren) to murder anyhow so...itís all arbitrary anyhow. About the beer, incredibly malty nose and rather hoppy as well. Hits you in the gut just like the Scotch, taste is pretty similar too except for the hops. When I had this on tap at the brewery I found it much better than this evening at a nearby restaraunt. This is however the first Boundary beer Iíve ever seen bottled, so depending on range of distribution this may become the most widespread Boundary beer soon.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - DEC 8, 2002
Great color- very dark and thick. Perfect combination of malt and hops makes this an all around wonderful beer. One of the best winter ales I have had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
baobubba (455) - Starkville, Mississippi, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Very estery aroma with a twang of alcohol and a hint of roasted malt. A dark reddish brown with a persistent but thin head. The body was a bit lacking. Flavor starts estery and sweet fills out with a little raosted malt and finishes bitter. A very nice winter warmer.