overall
Brewed by Timmermans (John Martin)
Style: Sour Red/Brown
Itterbeek, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 616   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Matured in oak barrels for a sweet-sour taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ChainGangGuy (4721) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - NOV 23, 2012
330ml bottle - $3.99 at Total Wine & More in Kennesaw, Georgia.

Appearance: Pours a very dark amber-brown body with a thin, collapsing, light beige head.

Smell: Gives an impression of store-brand cherry cola, though, as it warms, some more sensible malt notes hit the snout. Still, it remains very sweet-scented.

Taste: The flavor races by tastes of cherry juice, light toast, lighter roast, plum jelly, cola to hit a relatively modest, vinegary tartness that’s instantly covered by a full-on toothsome sweetness that lasts until the rather fruit, but also very sweet finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Medium-plus carbonation.

Overall: Sweet enough to make one shudder in revulsion (I know I did). Like cherry cola dosed with stray Pixy Stix. Oooh, you see? I shuddered again. I’ll likely shudder again when I see how much I wasted on this thing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
j12601 (9526) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - NOV 21, 2012
On tap at Gingerman after our our bar crawl through Brooklyn. Pours a lightly hazed ruby brown with a thin beige head. Mostly smells of grain and cereal. Fruit, sweet, no tartness. Sweet candy and plums. Fruit and cola. Long sweet caramel.
Earlier Rating: 11/4/2010 Total Score: 3
Bottle at the Where the Wild Beers Are event graciously hosted by Mission Dolores. Pours a clear brown with a thin beige head. Spicy with a medicinal funk to it. Sweet, cold and menthol filled. Spicy fruit, very herbal. Interesting stuff, lightly tart on the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Maak_d (10) - - NOV 19, 2012
Aroma of caramel, cherry, raisins, and vinegar. Very nice dark amber color and clarity- poured a very thin head but left some lacing. Tastes sweeter than I’d imagined, slight oaky notes, low acidity, roasty. Kind of a sherry or Madeira flavor. Palate is semi-thick, with large tangible bubbles. Roasty

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Temptation (257) - - NOV 19, 2012
On tap. For me, too complex beer in a style which I’m not very familiarized (and I don’t like too much). Very natural in the overall, very yeasty with earthy and tart aromas also present in the mouthfeel, with traces of vinegar and wild herbs. I don’t know if it’s good in its style, but I think that will be difficult to taste it again...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
CharlieNoodles (80) - Toulouse, FRANCE - NOV 16, 2012
Bottled 0.33L. Mild nose. Pale beige fast dissappearing head. Dark brownish colour. Fruity not sweet mild hopped taste. Some additives used.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
samarrr (24) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 14, 2012
Poured dark brown with a tall lasting beige head that left decent lacing. Sweet, tart, sour, rotten citrus aroma, unsweetened iced tea, smells almost skunky. Taste definitely matches aroma. A sweet, tart, slightly sour, reminiscent of eating a package of Crystal Light iced tea powder. Kinda slick in the mouth. Not too anxious to drink another. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

XmnwildX12 (2079) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - NOV 4, 2012
Nice cherry and big yeast funk scent, taste is the same with a nice cherry roast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 3, 2012
12oz bottle that I believe was $3.79. Dark brown color, a little head. This smelled a little sweet and tasted slightly sweet as well. One dimensional and honestly the most boring oud bruin that I have had the misfortune of purchasing. I will not be buying any of the timmerman’s lambics as I assume I will be equally disappointed. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 01-16-2011 22:46:18

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kp (10884) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - OCT 14, 2012

Name: Bourgogne Des Flanders
Date: September 02, 2012
Mode: Draft
Source: Duckworths, Park Road
Appearance: clear dark amber, scant beige head
Aroma: sweet fruity aroma, light spicyness, light earthyness, just a hint of tartness
Flavor: sweet fruity flavor, caramel sweetness,fruity esters, touch of chocolate, light tartness adds depth
Aroma: 6/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 12/20
Rating: 3/5.0
Drinkability: 6/10
Score: ** /4

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
suedehead288 (426) - BELGIUM - OCT 5, 2012
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2015 2012.10.05 - bottle 33cl - ’bourgogne des flandres’ oh i like the name - flemish heart, blood and soul, how i dislike the ’odour’ of this beer which makes me think of vinegar, sourness and puke. ? Rodenbach-alike fruits, cherries, sweetness ... I’ll drink this one again, just because of the anomalies between my nose and mouth. Although my rating is not that high, i would like to recommand this beer "Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking when I said I’d like to smash every tooth in your head"