RATINGS: 174   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Moo Joos combines the full body of a Milk Stout with the silky smoothness of an Oatmeal Stout. Lactose sugar in the boil contributes a full and creamy mouthfeel while toasted and flaked oats in the mash round out the beer with an oily texture. A deep malt bill builds layers of roasty notes with hints of chocolate, coffee and anise. A traditional British Cask Yeast is then pitched, which leaves us with a fruity, malty ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ccex (1121) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 27, 2011
12 oz bottle was a favorite find on my latest annual December pilgrimage to southern Minnesota. Pours an opaque dark brown with a slight tan head and spotty lacing. The first sip made me say WOW! Itís so different, I almost hesitate to call it beer. (Chocolate milk? Dark egg nog?) Aroma is chocolate and anise with some roasted oats and definite milk. Body is full and texture is oily. Not much carbonation, and very easy to enjoy drinking. Kudos to Brau Bros. for the concept and craft. Iíll gladly check out their other strange brews.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
hfmejias (1113) - Dover, Delaware, USA - NOV 8, 2015
Nitro on tap at the brewery (Marshall, MN). Poured black, with a nice silky brown head and nice lacing all over the glass; thick. Aroma of coffee and roasted malts. Taste is coffee and caramel, some hops towards the end. Great beer; enjoyable and very drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
crajun (1101) - , Texas, USA - OCT 22, 2012
12 oz bottle recíd in trade with emeinz; thanks Eric. decent nose of chocolate; I love oatmeal stouts but this was as dissapointing as any I have tried - aroma was faint; VERY thin watery drink with little to no flavor..meh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
DasBierChef (1083) - Hudson, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 17, 2011
An absolutely delicious Milk Stout! I highly advise you pick this up whenever possible.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mnmike (1074) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 15, 2013
Bottle pour. Really like the creaminess here. Good malty character balanced out with the earthy oats.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
gopherfan99 (1047) - CROATIA - MAY 16, 2014
Bottle, pours dark with a tan head, taste starts sweet with chocolate and some milk and has a light bitter coffee finish, pretty good

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
arnold931 (1010) - Iowa, USA - AUG 29, 2014
Bottle. Pours dark brown with decent tan head. Nose is chocolate and coffee. A little watery in the mouthfeel. Nice bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Tessic (983) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 17, 2013
This stout poured a deep black colour with a dark brown head. Scents include cocoa, coffee and caramel. First sip was silky smooth with flavours of lite chocolate and coffee flavours. Finish is burnt and black coffee like. Burnt flavour lingers....

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
vikingguy (968) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - MAY 5, 2011
Black w/ brown head. Coffee & chocolate on the nose. Roasted malt, milk chocolate, dark fruit, coffee & a bit of vanilla. Taste is quite mellow and creamy - very nice texture. Medium body. They did this very well.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jbuskirk (930) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - AUG 11, 2015
While I appear to develop a speech impediment whenever I try to talk about this beer (even though I know Joos is supposed to sound like "juice" as a clever way of rhyming with Moo, I keep saying it phonetically like "Jews"), I have no hindrances when it comes to enjoying the stuff. Some Stouts take a little time to grow on me. I liked this one as soon as I smelled it. Toasted oats, light coffee, and hint of vanilla-like sugar. Taste is redolent of chocolate, cream, rich malt, and a bit of black licorice. Moo Joos is one of my latest favorites among other awesome Sweet Stouts. Now if only I can learn to say its damn name.