overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
Brewed to drink long winter sessions of our favorite card game. Extensive dry hopping combined with a formidable malt bill creates the hoppiest beer in Redwood County!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nuplastikk (4271) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 1, 2012
12oz bottle. I wouldn’t have associated sheep with an APA, more of a Bock or Scottish Ale thing..whatever....this doesn’t really fit in a style, something like an APA and an American Strong Ale combined. Orange-copper filtered body, thin off-white head. Mild and respectable soapy pine hop aroma. A pretty balanced creature, with big, yet mellow malt tones which plant the hops firmly in the backseat. Some fruity notes, could be amber malt, but maybe just the yeast. Pretty enjoyable beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ryanfolty (1829) - Bourbon County, Minnesota, USA - SEP 18, 2012
September 15, 2012 on tap at the Autumn Brew Review in Minneapolis. Orange brown pour with no head. Citrus hops in aroma and taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 16, 2012
This brewery now has one of my least favorite named brews to one of my favorite named brews. College was just an excuse to play hours upon hours of Sheepshead – two handed, three handed, lousy four handed and the Cadillac, five handed. I don’t play as often as I’d like to these days but when a game break outs I’m ready to go. Murky mahogany with a quickly fadgin tan head that wastes into pond scum. Aroma of deep caramel, roasted malt, grains along with light floral and citrus hops. Tastes of caramel, light floral hops, citrus, nutty notes and mild bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
blackflag321 (461) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - AUG 6, 2012
My first beer from this brewer and first from Minnesota. This beer speaks well for the brewer and the Gopher State. I like some hops and malt in a pale ale and it did not disappoint. Bold, malty, hoppy, on the palate holds up on the aftertaste, too. I will look for this again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
joechristenson (146) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2012
12 oz bottle at home. Aroma reminds me of a smokey Scotch . . . not what I expected, but I like it. No barn or sheep detected . . . mostly Scotchy malts and some grassy hops. Tastes nothing like Scotch . . . great malt/hop balance, though the hops come to dominate on the finish. They’re a bit bossy for me to say this qualifies as a great balance, though since I love hops i"ll let it go. The hops have a nice taste -- a bit rustic, earthy, somewhat light but they pack some punch, too. Welterweight hops! Tasty -- I’d love to buy this out on tap instead of Summit EPA any day. Here’s to dreaming.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
aetheon (82) - The Gutter, Minnesota, USA - JUL 17, 2012
The dry hopping stands out as well as a real spicyness that didnt really do it for me. But overall still ok. I would opt for something else next time round

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
XmnwildX12 (2078) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - JUL 14, 2012
Has a rather dull hop pine scent. Taste is an over whelming bitterness, nasty. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerKurve (483) - - JUL 2, 2012
Strong Piney Hops and Resin flavors with toffee, yeasts and caramel. Very smooth and creamy with a moderate weighted body. Very good American IPA overall

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
deyholla (6490) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - JUN 19, 2012
On tap at SPSBF. Pours a clear amber with a light brown head that dissipates slowly to the edges. Aroma has a nice pine note backed by grapefruit and sweet grains. Flavor has more grapefruit up front that is joined by pine and has a pleasant not too sweet malt backbone.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
wmubronco1992 (603) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - MAY 31, 2012
Bottle. Pours a clear amber. Small white head. Caramel aroma. Sweet caramel flavor with some spice and then a bit of bitterness. Nice balance between the sweet and bitter. Even though this beer isn’t heavy it is full bodied. Tons of flavor. Not as hoppy as the description states, but it suprisingly good even though I’m not a huge APA fan. Picked it up as a single at my local liquor store. Very Very nice, will look forward to having again.