Breakwater Hibiscus Hefeweisen
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 17   MEAN: 3.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
An innovative brew with hibiscus flowers and grapefruit honey.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bb (6695) - Alamo, California, USA - JUL 23, 2009
Draft. Pink beer with a whitish head. Floral, hibiscus aroma with light wheat. Grapefruit and floral flavor with wheat/malt, and a light graininess. Medium-light body. Refreshing. Grapefruit and honey lingers with wheat/malt.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
yespr (29683) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - JUL 23, 2009
From tap at the brewpub. Pours pinkish red with a small off-white head. Floral fruity and mild estery aroma. Fruity and mild sweet to light citrusy flavoured. Mild citrusy and fruity finish with a light wheaty base note. Fruity flavoured finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JohnnyJ (4078) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 27, 2009
On tap at hte brewery. Pours a hazy reddish pink color, white head. Berries, rose, biscuits, and yeast. Decent beer, I can’t bash it, but not my thing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
maydayIPA (2) - Missouri, USA - MAY 25, 2009 does not count
I had this one at the brewery the other night. The Bartender gave me a shot of it when I ordered and said people either love it or hate it. I guess I loved it. I had never had anything like it. It had a wonderful full mouth feel, a nice cloudy pink/lavender color and a medium sweet honey floral aroma. It made me think of V8 Splash when I took the first gulp. It is very interesting. I might not get through a pitcher by myself, but did enjoy a couple of pints. The only thing about it was the brew was just a little to sweet. But I know I could get use to that after a few more!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sebletitje (6326) - Enghien, BELGIUM - MAY 18, 2009
Sampler at Breakwater. Pours pink with lighe rosee head. Aroma was very fresh, light hops, wheat, plenty fo sweetness. Taste, grains, yeast, some light berry, flower and light fruity finish. That was some very interesting mix, and the hibiscus just made it even more interesting to sample.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
alexanderj (3266) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 19, 2009
On tap at Breakwater. Color was pinkish, which was a bit strange. Aroma was not too strong; more yeasty than grapefruit, flowers or honey. Flavor was a bit herbal, honey and wheat. Solid.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
wetherel (1836) - Encinitas, California, USA - FEB 22, 2009
I entered this beer, so feel free to correct the style. The ABV and description is from the menu. On tap at the brewery. 6 sampler platter. In order from best to worst: I liked North Jetty IPA, Signature Pale Ale, Hill Street Honey, Hibiscos Hefe, Point Break Porter, Switch Stance Strong Ale. My wife loved this beer. Partly because it is pretty pink. She wants me to rate it a 4.0. Cloudy pink grapefruit juice color. Mild aroma. Lots of interesting citrus flavors. Pretty good.