overall

RATINGS: 767   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.41%
Subtlety. That's what makes our Avalanche amber ale such a treat. We blend pale and caramel malts -- and just a kiss of bittering hops -- to create a refreshing-but-flavorful, any-time beer. Aromas of pale grains, a semi-sweet middle and a clean-as-Colorado-snow finish make this our best-selling beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2004
Beer with a color for people who say they donít like beer other than yelllow fizz.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - MAY 18, 2004
Harsh and unpleasant. No roasted malt flavor. Sour and cloying. Overall, ugh.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jde123 (765) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 5, 2004
"I think it is just repackaged Coors Light" that was the perception I had at the time. I still think it lacks flavor and the ambience that better amber ales possess though. I guess I was frustrated at not being able to find decent locally brewed beer while skiing last spring in colorado (i wasnít looking in the right places).

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2004
Amber looking with medium white head. I didnít like the taste of this on any level.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
mockerboy (52) - Kansas, USA - APR 30, 2004
Amber colored, faint bready/malty nose, smooth, drinkable, a little thin but good. I was pleasently suprised.

OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 25, 2004
My roommate and I had one of these in memory of Pat Tillman, a true American hero in every sense of the word. One of the best amber ales I've tried.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
SiddFinch (155) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2004
Malty sweet up front (caramel) but the finish is like medicine. Unimpressive!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Braudog (5894) - Traveling the USA, Missouri, USA - MAY 7, 2004
This was one of my favorite beers when I started into my beer-freakiness. Now, after sampling so many other beers, it pales in comparison, but is still a good beer. True amber with no head. Smooth and lightly carameled. Thereís only bitterness on the exhale, but itís undercut by a sweet finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
badgerben (4502) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - MAY 20, 2004
Bottle. The comercial description says "Subtlety..." That about sums it up. A little sweetness in the taste, maybe some malt. Bland.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Originally, I loved this as my favorite Breck ale, but then I discovered stouts. I still find it to be a solid amber. I particularly enjoyed quaffing it at the original brewpub.