overall

RATINGS: 762   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.41%
Subtlety. That's what makes our Avalanche amber ale such a treat. We blend pale and caramel malts -- and just a kiss of bittering hops -- to create a refreshing-but-flavorful, any-time beer. Aromas of pale grains, a semi-sweet middle and a clean-as-Colorado-snow finish make this our best-selling beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Braudog (5832) - Glenville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 7, 2004
This was one of my favorite beers when I started into my beer-freakiness. Now, after sampling so many other beers, it pales in comparison, but is still a good beer. True amber with no head. Smooth and lightly carameled. There’s only bitterness on the exhale, but it’s undercut by a sweet finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jde123 (764) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 5, 2004
"I think it is just repackaged Coors Light" that was the perception I had at the time. I still think it lacks flavor and the ambience that better amber ales possess though. I guess I was frustrated at not being able to find decent locally brewed beer while skiing last spring in colorado (i wasn’t looking in the right places).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
mockerboy (52) - Kansas, USA - APR 30, 2004
Amber colored, faint bready/malty nose, smooth, drinkable, a little thin but good. I was pleasently suprised.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2004
Amber looking with medium white head. I didn’t like the taste of this on any level.

OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 25, 2004
My roommate and I had one of these in memory of Pat Tillman, a true American hero in every sense of the word. One of the best amber ales I've tried.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 25, 2004
UPDATED: APR 26, 2004 I was liking what breckenridge brewery did with the taste of this amber ale. Very smoothe but a little thin. This is the beer my roomate adn I drank after the great pat tillman fell. What a hero he was and now i am proud to have him as my picture. I wish i can be half as american as him

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - APR 21, 2004
Pours amber with a medium off white head. Light malt and hop aroma. The taste is very thin and disappointing. Not much there. Finishes dry.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
JMerritt (1813) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2004
Amber colored, moderate head. Aroma is mildly hopped, but mostly grainy (sour, wet hay). Very watery, with very little flavor. Sweet malty flavor almost rears it's head, but is quickly squashed by the skunky grains. It's not repugnant, but it is not anything to go out of your way to try.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - MAR 18, 2004
Deep amber color. Thin bodied, not much in the way of flavour.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 8, 2004
Pours reddish amber with small white head. Aroma is difficult to identify. I want to say cigarette butts, but that is not fair or articulate. Flavor is equally strange and difficult to place. Not much that I like here. It's beer, and it's not macro swill, but I wouldn't buy it again. The label is pretty cool...