overall

RATINGS: 1319   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Who would have thought deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea and Madagascar grew the perfect ingredient to build an extraordinary Porter in Colorado? An ale that has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic Porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure, real vanilla bean. Breckenridge Brewery’s Vanilla Porter. A vanilla kiss in a rich, dark sea.

HopsIPAndDrunk (43) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 11, 2011
The aroma is amazing!! Chocolate notes with subtle hints of vanilla. Alcohol scent is also detected. Settles into a beautiful crystal-clear reddish-amber color. The tannish-white head leaves a bit of lacing after it recedes into the brew. Medium-sweet taste that impressively complements the strong vanilla presence in the nose. The body is medium to full, accompanied by a somewhat oily texture. Carbonation is soft to flat..... kind of a softflat. The finish is long and smooth....tasting like a delicious piece of vanilla bread (is there such a thing?). One of my favorite American porters... Highly recommended!!!

dimamay (1) - - JAN 28, 2012 does not count
Taste like a dessert. Taste like a dessert. Taste like a dessert. Taste like a dessert.

ppg4life (5) - - NOV 11, 2013 does not count
My favorite porter of all time. Just the right amount of sweetness. Good by itself or with food.

Craigshanahan (1) - - DEC 27, 2013 does not count
This is one of the best porters I have ever had. But you must drink it on nitro. I am having it at the Columbia ale house. I highly recommend this porter

iamqueensblvd (247) - , Iowa, USA - DEC 15, 2009
beautiful sweet vanilla bean aroma mixed with some toasted notes. Very dark pour with a nice frothy tan head. Very delicious sweetness of the anilla mixed with some toasted bread notes. Absolutely delicious.

betweenparties (4) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - APR 5, 2011 does not count
I may be a little biased in this review but I will keep it as even and real as I can. The Vanilla Porter was a beer I tried on a whim. I was at a local liquor store and saw this and to be honest I bought it because of the label. I am a design freak and this was just beautiful! I got home, opened a bottle, poured into a pint glass and enjoyed. My first thought was that I cannot taste the vanilla. So I was a bit bummed because vanilla is one of my favorite flavors. So later on I opened another bottle and tried something I haven’t before. I took a sniff, loved the amazing carmel vanilla flavors in that, and then took a drink and swished in my mouth breathed in through my nose and then let it all go down quickly and then inhaled through my mouth. The vanilla was so overpowering but in a good way. It blew me away. Sadly, every porter I have now will never compare to this beer. The Vanilla Porter has a nice medium body with a long finish. A finish of carmel/chocolate/vanilla flavors. Personally this beer will be in my Top 3 beers of all time. I can’t wait to drink it when it is warmer here in Illinois so I can have it while grilling my veggies! Overall, I would for sure recommend this to anyone out there that wants that long lasting beer that blends the vanilla and beer perfectly!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dreamflower (575) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - FEB 18, 2012
On tap. Dark black colour with delicious brown head. Smells and tastes like vanilla, as the name suggests. As a vanilla-lover this was extremely satisfying. This was a great beer.

EnnuiDivine (23) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 1, 2012
On tap at Firewaters in Hackensack. Fluffy head, aroma strongly of vanilla. Taste is not unlike a vanilla cola with roasted malt back. A very memorable brew.

pmarren144 (36) - Auburn, New York, USA - FEB 7, 2013
This is a wonderful brew, great chocolate and coffee overtones. Very smooth & pleasing. I had this as a draft at a local tavern for the first time. Can’t wait for the next glass of it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SturmWulf (65) - USA - JUL 27, 2007
Light aroma of roasted malt, chocolate and molasses. Poured a dark brown with small, light tan head that quickly receded into a thin foamy cap. Nice light lacing. A very nice sweet flavor of roasted malt, sweet chocolate, molasses, light vanilla. A very nice bitter sweet medium finish. Very pleasant. Light body, thin, slighly oily texture, with a soft to medium carbonation. A very pleasant Porter, although a touch more vanilla would’ve been nice. I really enjoyed and will definitely buy again. Served in a Stein.