Brevard American IPA
     click to upload

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.67/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Though we focus on lagers, this India Pale Ale was too good not to serve. The hallmark of a great IPA is drinkability, and this beer is no exception. Five separate hop additions make this beer explode with citrusy hop bitterness, flavor, and aroma. Medium-light bodied and superbly quaffable, be careful with this one because the 6.0% alcohol content sneaks up on you quickly!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thedaidai (17) - - MAY 10, 2014
This IPA has some very nice flavor; Iíd like to know the full hop blend they use because I am a big fan of the citrus notes being as up front as they are here. Honestly, my only issue with this beer is that it feels a little light and the mouthfeel isnít quite as crisp as I expect of an IPA with this sort of flavor. The hop blend, color, and smell are reminiscent of west coast IPAs in the vein of Green Flash, but the body and mouthfeel arenít quite at the level that the flavor is. I happen to prioritize flavor, so I have this baby every time I see it on draft, but I wish I could tell the brewer to try a bit of a thicker, maltier batch to put some body behind the spectacular flavor balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
woodychevy (338) - - SEP 2, 2013
a decent IPA- pours a bit light for my IPA tastes and is somewhat light bodied as well. I suppose for a brewery that specializes in lagers an IPA on the lighter side makes sense. taste is good- pretty balanced. Hoppy but no overly so. definitely one of the more interesting offerings in the flight, but i am partial to ales so no suprise there. would order a pint if I were out and saw it on tap. support the little guy brewing down the road from oskar blues......

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tmongoose (1188) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 30, 2013
draft amber color with minimal head. pleasant hop aroma with malt backing. the flavor is smooooth hops not very bitter after using 5 different hops in this ipa. not sure how he did it but this is very good ipa that doesnít bite back. another very drinkable beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
swoopjones (5603) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 2, 2012
Growler. Copper colored pour. Good hop presence in the aroma, garden weedy, citrusy, some pith. Nice bitter flavor. Fuller mouthfeel. Good IPA