Brew Wharf King Of The Junga
overall
Formerly brewed at Brew Wharf
Style: American Pale Ale
London, England

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.43/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Brewed for the ACBF and inspired by a bottle of Alpine Nelson Mes & Sim brought back from Cali.

The Polish Junga hop was a relatively new import on a large scale this year, although we had previously used a tiny amount in our 69 varietal Sharps collab. When I tried it I thought there was a slight Nelson character and that being out of stock I had my substitute. I used Pale, Munich, CaraPils and added Pale Rye, as in the Alpine, with Junga in the boil. Again, with Nelson out of stock and no Junga pellet I had to sub Citra, Wai-iti & Southern Cross, a combo recommended by Kelly Ryan. In light of the fest I decided to push the envelope with the IBU, I was happy with the result. The name was a bit of a pun based on the name of the hop and fact that I dj Jungle (Drum & Bass).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
yespr (31110) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - MAR 3, 2012
From cask. Pours clear and golden yellow with a small white head. Aroma is mild fruity. Light peachy to grapefruity hoppy, bitter and crisp. Light malty note. Bitter and light toasted finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Travlr (11305) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 4, 2012
Gravity cask. Dedicated to Arne and his comics. Light golden color, scant white edge head. Aroma has a touch of fruit and straw. Taste is subtle white pepper, lemon, hay. Easy drinking.