overall
Ellon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

RATINGS: 43   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Simmie77 (10) - - FEB 19, 2014
Punk it is! Just as much I am attracted by a punk girl with green hair, I am attracted by this beer. Craftmenship is not supposed to help me liking this beer, but luckely like the Flying Dog Raging Bitch comands me to freaking love this beer with commercial words torn into a poet bigger than Keats could have ever think of. Luckely this brewery saved my soul by not doing that, and tricking me into something other than that. And good they have done that. I bought this beer solely because I used to be a punk guy. I used to grind down staircases, chase Europe for the best halfpipes, being battered by collisions, or thrown down on your back at the mid section after a failed move. I am not talking about punks from the seventies, nor from the eighties, but about the punks that got their skateboards and inliners out and went nuts with it. Not about the fake punks that wore the baggy clothes and listen to punk rock music. We did it for real, we had a punk thought. And a punk loving mind and caring thought. Almost a revival of the hippy human being. And than I discover this, a true hommage to the punk, a true blessing to drink, so much love in it, well I bet. But it has to be enjoyable as well to make that statement come true. Not harsh, not feisty. If I would land on the mid section, back down, of a ramp or halfpipe, and gasping for air, and this was offered to me to regain unconsciousness, I would rather die. If you really want to present something punk you know that it is about beauty as well. It is about a protest about something excisting that is not right. Like pain, because it would give you a kick standing up again and proceed. I love my burgundy style of life, with all the burgundy beers I can get my hands on. But I feel they are right. I don’t have to drink this beer to feel punk, you have no idea what you are talking about in the first place. We enjoy life, like other people should as well. Not having the sword of Damocles Dark right above us, wich you can not escape from. We like to live in freedom and enjoy! Not feisty, not harshly. We like to endure pain to go to another level of feeling alive, but without the sword of Damocles above your head. Sweet, loving and caring. About yourself and others. And we should enjoy everything that live gives us. Drinking this beer is just the opposite, After the first sip you wished you would be in the middle part of a 4 meters halfpipe, back and neck down, gasping for air, checking vital life signs yourself. Or your camarades will do that for you and bring you to back consciousness. We sometimes don’t want to be brought back to consciousness, We want to be brought back to the beauties of life, and when you call a beer Punk, you might as well better do so. But you failed. It is a bitter experience, not a pleasant and enjoyable one I can say. Never wake me up please! Let me lay on the mid section of the feisty halfpipe, all we long for is sweetness, love and caring, not a harsh beer that is more than bitter. Also biter about life, and a burgundy style of life. After I have tumbled down, I want sweetness, not biiterness. I can’t get my hands on this beer, I have tried dozens of this type of beer, what is the freaking deal with all of this hop and feisty bitterness? Is it a mascerade to not reveal this beer is not punk? And not balanced and enjoyable? What is wrong with a simple Orval, Kölsch, Rochefort, Krombacher, Urquell, Budweiser, or whatever... You North Americans seem to be rising on brewing beers that were better before you touched them. You seem to create something out of something that is just distinguishably nothing. Take a peek at Budweiser, one of the best pilseners in the world, but you can make a tweak on it that it just taste like water. Let me tell you one thing, if we, in Europe had an urge to produce a better beer, we did that already. Home of beers, and you are still trying to rape these formulas by going punk, more feisty, more hoppy, more waterly, the outcomes has two ways. Too much or too less, but no balance. America has no culture, just except that, and don’t try to fake one to have one. Stop doing this idiocracy thing, you are not serving mankind, nor punks!!!! This is what I thought and felt when I drank another beer from the "New World." It is all about the experience, and if that is what you have to show me, about experience, o my God.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Finn (4032) - Tromsø, NORWAY - FEB 18, 2014
Flaske 0,33l fra Kilpishalli. Tørsteslukker i Skibotn 20 Des 13. Gyldengul. Litt skum. Uklar. Kraftig fruktaroma med undertone av fotsvette. Aprikos dominerer heldigvis. Smaken i samme gate med tilføyelse av grapefrukt. Veldig bra ut fra styrken.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Rune (7827) - Tromsø, NORWAY - JAN 5, 2014
330ml bottle, batch 181, many thanks to Finn. Airy white head, remaining, bubbly layer. Misty golden body. Poor lacing. Grapefruit peels on the nose, mid-sweet. Fruity taste of orange, grapefruit and pumpkin. Short, dry bitter ending. Soft on the swallow. Easy to drink. Satisfying and food friendly (Tromsø 05.01.2014).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oh6gdx (20272) - Vasa, FINLAND - DEC 19, 2013
Bottled (from Prisma, Vaasa). Slightly hazy orangeish golden clour with a small white head. Aroma is bigtime floral and fruity hops with quite much horse blanket to it. Flavour is fruity and floral hops along with some bigtime bitterness as well as mild sappy and wooden notes. A bit soapy notes as well with some slight oily notes in the palate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bierkoning (9999) - La Tropica, NETHERLANDS - DEC 9, 2013
Bottle from Tbone, thanks! Blonde, hazy. Grapefruit, pineapple and oily hops in the lovely aroma. Thin but well hopped. Grassy slightly herbal citrus flavor. Tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kalervo (676) - FINLAND - NOV 28, 2013
Decent BrewDog pale ale with lots of citric hops. Not unique but enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
TBone (12479) - Pori, FINLAND - NOV 28, 2013
Bottled 330ml KKK. Clear golden color, small white head. Light exotic fruity, a bit dusty aroma. Light-bodied. Gooseberry bushes hoppy flavor. Quite typical BD IPA flavor. This is a watered down version of Punk IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rosenbergh (6590) - Helsinki, FINLAND - NOV 16, 2013
330 ml bottle. #181. BB 06/08/14. (K-Citymarket) Tampere, Finland.
Cloudy golden colour with a small white head. Very nice fruity hoppy aroma with sweetness and malt. Typical BrewDog flavour with lots of fruitiness, mild bitterness and malty balance. A bit watery. Very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
BitchPls (539) - FINLAND - NOV 9, 2013
Bright orange beer with lots of bubbles and a minimal white head. Very fruity and exotic, beautiful aroma. Soapy flavor. Thin body. Easy to drink. A well hopped pale ale. I still prefer IPA to this one but this is a lot better than most regular pale ales.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
mjs (4507) - Helsinki, FINLAND - NOV 6, 2013
(Bottle, 0.33 l - batch 181 - BB 06-08-14, from a supermarket, 20131106) The beer poured golden and clear. Its head was medium sized and white. Aroma had black currant leaves, fruitiness and malts. Palate was quite light bodied with medium carbonation. Flavours were fruitiness, black currant leaves, sweetness, malts and bitterness. Aftertaste was hoppy and bitter. A thin but tasty brew.