overall
Brewed by BrewDog
Style: Imperial Stout
Ellon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

RATINGS: 542   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 960   ABV: 32%
Brewdog paradox which was aged for 9 months in a speyside cask then 9 months in a smokehead cask, then taken to an icecream factory and frozen over the course of 2 weeks, then the non frozen liquid was drained off. Came out at 32% and at time of release was the strongest beer in the world.

Christopsy (137) - SCOTLAND - OCT 9, 2012
The most beautiful beer Iíve ever tasted. Rich, sweet, strong, dark.. I donít care if its expensive, I love it. I first tried this last January out of the bottle. I couldnít believe how great it was.. my taste buds exploded in excitement!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Adenila (1560) - DENMARK - DEC 30, 2010
Sampled at "the strongest beer in the world" tasting session on ōrsted ōlbar. The best experience among the 6 samples. Dark brown/black with no head. Aroma of dark mellow chocolate, caramel sharp alchohol and smoke, nice. Very complex flavor. Chocolate and alchohol with a dry ashy smoked finish. Suprisingly plesant and interesting beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
joet (2492) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - FEB 8, 2010
Amazing wood expression and detail yes itiswarming.roasts are bright coffee roasts fantastic .better than expected

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Vells (1322) - Rīga, Latvija, LATVIA - MAY 12, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2013 Clear deep reddish amber with thinnnnn off white head. Aroma.. ouch.. dominating roasted malts, caramel, decent hops, wood, pleasant alcohol, brown sugar, bit smoked, vanilla, licorice, fruity, raisins Sweet with decent bitterness. Very nicely warming. Quite oily. mild. If I was just curious about this brew, then now I just love this.. great balance, deep complexity, very enjoyable.. each sip takes you in pleasure journey. awesome brew. One thing that price/performance definitely is quite sad, BUT its worth trying once in a lifetime.. and I know for sure. .this wasnt last time

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jjsint (1956) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - AUG 19, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 6, 2013 Colour of melted chocolate brown. The aroma singes the hair on your nose. Hot, sweet/sour, chilli and smoke. The taste is warming, healing, syrupy sweet. Damn good.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
markfield81 (42) - adamston, AUSTRALIA - JUL 1, 2014
This is a heavy thick beer, you can taste the whiskey flavors, more similar to a fine port, if i had the money I would drink it in a port glass or brandy balloon after every meal. Tasty, strong and warming.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
pilsnerrogge (2743) - FinspŚng, SWEDEN - MAR 13, 2010
Bottled:
Deep red-ish brown, no head. Boozy aroma with notes of peat, liquorice and cough drops. Flavour is really intense and powerful, loads of salty tar, liquorice and peat. The taste of alcohol is well integrated with the other flavours and it turns out to be a great "sipping beer".

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
77ships (6917) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - DEC 7, 2012
25 ml bottle sample @ Brewdog Camden. This beer is actually shockingly popular due to many gents ordering from time to time the most expensive beer on the menu or due to the allure of the very high alcohol. Even at the time I was @ Brewdog Camden - I heard people talking about it, people showing interest and people ordering it. The bartender showed zero surprise when I got it. I know that these days it is just made from the failed batches of every dark beer Brewdog eisboked and that it costs them 1 £ to make. I simply needed to know... I was a willing victim. Unsurprisingly this was completely stil, dark brown, very dark bordeaux red with huge legs. Smell is dominated by booze but oddly this is rather enjoyable, getting some syrup and liquorice as well, extremely thick dark fruits. Taste is very sweet, gluhwine like, a bit like that very sweet Canadian wine thing, I recently tasted, syrup, syrup de Liege, super concentrated dark sugarm crazy amounts of syrup, abhorn syrup, liquorice, toffee, soy sauce light hint, very sticky, very sweet, plenty of cough syrup, sticky. This stuff sticks to the inside of the glass, I was prepared for the worst but this turned out quite lovely honestly - huge surprise.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mandaritto (161) - LATVIA - JUN 14, 2014
When I tasted it I wasnít so sure that itís an ale. More like Irish Whiskey. Woody, smokey. Incredibly tough brew - more like Incredible HULK of the craft beer :D Warm feeling afterwards, more like hot.. licorice aftertaste. Although when I get to know the price - I was shocked. Itís way too expensive. But Iím glad I tried it once. I loved it but I still donít think that itís an ale..

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
tarmok (1002) - Tartu, ESTONIA - MAR 24, 2016
Almost black liquid with brown foam. Aroma of alcohol, nuts, toffee. Tastes same, Heavy sweet, medium bitter, light sour. Full body, sticky, long finish.