Brewmeister Snake Venom

Brewed by Brewmeister
Style: Barley Wine
Moray, Scotland

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 2.75/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.75   ABV: -
The Bottle label claims an abv of 67.5%.

"Snake Venom is the world’s strongest beer as of 24 October 2013, coming in at 67.5%. It is dark amber in colour with no carbonation due to the high ABV. Unlike the previous Armageddon, the alcohol is not masked in Snake Venom. It is highly present yet it still tastes like a beer with a good degree of hop profile.
Marked unrateable due to an admission by the brewer of correcting abv with pure alcohol Each batch is tested by the brewery before bottling and random batches are tested externally."

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
zexpe (40) - SCOTLAND - MAY 30, 2014
The alcohol in this beer is mostly a pure ethanol additive. I wouldn’t recommend it. http://thebeercast.com/2014/05/brewmeister-lies.ht

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mgajdaczewa (958) - Katowice, POLAND - MAY 19, 2014
Jak zwykle w takich przypadkach jestem rozdarty. Woltaż uniemożliwiał mi czerpanie przyjemnośći z kosztowania mojej próbki. Aromat to głównie alko z podbudową miodowo - słodką. W smaku? Grzeje do razu jak bimber. Lekkie nuty ziołowe, które skojarzyły mi się z beherovką. I to piwo było od niej lepsze. Nie lubię alkoholi wysokoprocentowych, nie czaję sensu robienia takich piw. Ale jakieś tam walory miało.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
hrmunk (4) - DENMARK - MAR 20, 2014 does not count
Bottle @ cockney pub. Not surpricingly very "whiskey-like" but in the aroma you can sense hops. The color is clear red-golder.. overall more exiting than good..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Rasmus40 (14263) - Beder, Aarhus, DENMARK - MAR 20, 2014
Bottle @ Cockney Pub. Clear brown without head, but with nice lacing. Aroma is sweet, malty, caramel, wood and very boozy. Flavor is extremely sweet and rather bitter. Dry finish with insane burning alcohol. This is not beer but spirits. Much too boozy for my liking. 200314

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
OPIE788 (337) - Ohio, USA - FEB 19, 2014
Bottle. This was a big surprise. We expected it to be rocket fuel but some how they mane it taste good. Sweet malt with a slight hop bite and a slight alcohol finish. Then it warmed up. Oh man did it burn when it warmed up. I 100% believe the brewers numbers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
zach8270 (3882) - Henrietta, New York, USA - FEB 18, 2014
(bottle - 275 ml) The one we had all been both looking forward to and dreading at the same time for the entire weekend. Murky copper pour with no head or carbonation. Huge malt and caramel aroma. Didn’t really smell much alcohol. Flavor is sticky sweet with lots of fruit notes and even some toffee and caramel. You can tell there’s a lot of alcohol in this one. But if I had it and someone told me what the percentage was, I never would’ve believed it. As shocked as I am to say this, the alcohol was indeed well hidden. Definite surprise of the weekend. I would drink it again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Maris (1172) - Canberra, AUSTRALIA - DEC 28, 2013
Wow, can’t believe I’m the first to rate this. A modest serve from a 275ml bottle on 28/12/2013 (bought as a Christmas present by my extraordinary, beautiful wife). Pours a murky dark golden with no discernible head. The aroma is quite fruity with fermented notes evident. The flavour is dominated by fruit - lemon, apple and perhaps a touch of cherry, with some caramel malt in the background. There is some hop bitterness in there, and some warming alcohol too, but the whole experience in the mouth is more subdued than I was expecting. The texture is a touch oily and there’s nil carbonation. I never thought I’d ever write this but this quite easy drinking for 67.5%! It’s far less intense than sipping a typical cask strength whisky, and significantly easier to down than Sink the Bismarck (a meagre 41%), which I tried a while back. All up, quite different to what I was expecting, but impressively drinkable and surprisingly enjoyable given it’s almost rocket fuel.