overall

RATINGS: 948   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Deep golden in color, BridgePort IPA has an assertive and fragrant hop character from the two full pounds of Cascade, Chinook, Goldings, Crystal and Ahtanum hops in every barrel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
haddon90 (1561) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - JUL 25, 2003
Overall, the beer isn't bad. But I don't think it's a good IPA. Very good aroma, but I think an IPA has the hoppy head that sticks to the side of the glass. Kinda of a bite to the hoppy taste. Like I said, I don't think it was a great IPA, but it is a good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - JUL 18, 2003
A great IPA. Good hop bite. A little light on the alcohol for an IPA but not bad. I'd like just a touch more malt to this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 22, 2003
I had this on cask at Bridgeport on Hawthorne in Portland,OR. A hazy golden ale. A hoppy bitter aroma with grapefruit. The flavor was a wonderful grapefruit, hops and citrus. A nice medium body. Very nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 21, 2003
Nice mouthfeel, good hops flavor and "bite." Grew on me as I drank it. A top notch IPA. Good choice, RaginCajun's girl!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
BeaverBrown (245) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 15, 2003
Cask. Cloudy yellow. Smell of hops and grapefruit. Taste of hops and grapefruit. Slightly astringent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 12, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 7, 2004 My girlfriend brought this to me as a souvenier from her trip to Seattle. What a girl!! Slightly cloudy golden color with bubbles. Foamy white head. Fruity aroma, orange comes to mind. Smells very appetizing. The best IPA I've had to date (which isn't too many). Perfect amount of hops for me. Pretty sweet for a beer, and plenty of carbonation. Very good beer; I'll defintely try this again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
shaeffbser (70) - Vail, Colorado, USA - MAY 30, 2003
cloudy golden white head. hopy nice fragrant smell. with hopy bitter taste. strong carb. the way a casadia IPA should taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - MAY 18, 2003
Hazy orange color with a rocky white head. The aroma was very fruity...orange, grapefruit, and some nice floral tones as well. The flavor was sweet...a little too sweet for an IPA. I agree with jazz88 that this seems more like an APA. I also agree with alcfron that towards the end this tasted very much like a child's orange drink...fascinating. Nice session ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Perkeo (322) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 14, 2003
Light amber with slight head; wet wood, strawberry/kiwi and cannabis aroma. Grapefruit, orange, floral flavor,fruit is enhanced by the bottle conditioning... very clean, with a dry quenching finish, not overdone . Nice apertif...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Suttree (5474) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 28, 2003
Grapefruit and carrots. roughish hops, in a good way. Just enough malt to balance it out.