overall

RATINGS: 134   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Ropewalk is a mellow, malt-driven amber that dances a subtly sweet line. The balance of Crystal malt with a subtle dose of Northwest hops delivers a refreshing ale that makes for a great session beer. Originally brewed to mark our 20th anniversary, Ropewalk – which literally means “a long narrow building where rope is made” – is a tribute to our building’s roots as a rope factory, while also celebrating feats of daring everywhere.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - MAR 28, 2004
fat tire like biscuity aroma, clear amber, corny hoppiness and a gross biscuit maltiness and bitter sweaty feet flavor

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Reid (1900) - Salem, Oregon, USA - MAR 23, 2004
Ok excitment rises..new Bridgeport offering..one of my favourite brewers. Ropewalk Amber named after the Rope factory which the brewery now resides in. Comes in the usual Bridgeport brown bottle..label is not typical though..a tightrope in some spotlights. Nice enough looking Amber in my pint glass..dark amber nice off white head..that leaves a wee lace. again the smell is nice..fresh mostly malts..almost milky. The taste is not good though..Im heartbroken..this is a n average tasteing Amber..im afraid on par with Widmers DropTop..and way below Mactarnahans..just plain beer..not exciting..mostly thin malts then a thin watery taste..tiny hop bite at the end. Very average on the mouth..too watery. This is a big let down for me..not a terrible beer..but just below Bridgeports usual standards

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mikebeertaster (114) - washougal, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2004
I headed down to Bridgeport brewing really expecting great things from this beer and was really fairly disappointed. Probably not a bad beer if I hadn't tasted so many better ones. Really lacked the flavor I was looking for.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Nuffield (3671) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAR 16, 2004
A new beer for their 20th anniversary. My idea of what an amber beer should be--a true, deep copper/amber color with a ring of head. Simple flavor--good malty, sitcky caramel but also some dry hop influence. Still, understated and mostly unexciting--probably not my first pick of a style with which to celebrate my 20th anniversary in brewing, but hey, it's their brewery. (on tap, BridgePort BrewPub, Portland)