RATINGS: 3288   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.98/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 51   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
This is the famous Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, our award-winning rendition of the Imperial Stout style once made exclusively for Catherine the Great. We use three mashes to brew each batch of this beer, achieving a luscious deep dark chocolate flavor through a blend of specialty roasted malts. We brew it every year for the winter season. It is delicious when newly bottled, but also ages beautifully for years.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
beeryum (652) - Norcross, Georgia, USA - JUN 12, 2005
04 Bottle. Pours a very nice black with a tan head. What a wonderful roasted chocolate coffee aroma. Hops are very muted in this beer. This beer explodes in dark-chocolately and roasted malt flavors, with some relatively well hidden alcohol warming. Nice smooth mouthfeel and some moderate bitterness closes this beer. Awesome stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MattShizzle (573) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 11, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 28, 2012 Excellent representative of an Imperial stout! My favorite beer of that style. Very strong.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
sirchris (42) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 8, 2005
Dark black body with a brown head. There is a choclate-coffee aroma. The taste has burnt flavors with chocolate undertones. There is some alcohol warmth as this goes down, but there is little in the way of alcohol taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mgumby10 (1856) - Jupiter, Florida, USA - JUN 7, 2005
Poured dark black with a thin tan head that went down quickly. Smells of strong chocolate that makes the first sip very enjoyable. Tastes just like it smells with a nice smooth chocolate kick. If your a chocolate lover, as i am, this is the stout for you. I think I’ve found a new favorite stout to drink although it is tough to get in florida.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GonZoBeeR (2987) - Ste-Eulalie, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 2, 2005
Aroma:chocolate,alcohol... Appearance:dark brown,small brown head.... Flavor:Chocolate,alcool...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Geuzelambix (243) - København, DENMARK - JUN 1, 2005
This a lovely and strongly tasting beer with a long finish and a full body. The aroma is as far as I see, or smell it, the weakest part of the beer, but this is of no big importance when you taste it. Then it kicks you in the face with its impressive power.I would say that It goes well with chocolates but not with salty food.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 29, 2005
2004: Poured ruby black with a big bubbled tan head that faded into a nice tan skin...smell is bakers chocolate...period...taste is smooth rich bitter chocolate...not incredibly full bodied...I don’t love beers on nitro, but that would probably (cheatingly) add some body to it...finish is roasty and a touch bitter...no noticable alcohol...this is very decadent but still delicious...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DarkElf (3050) - La Jolla, California, USA - MAY 26, 2005
(12 oz bottle: Obtained in trade with Eyedrinkale, thanks Mike!) I’ve been drinking and rating this hugely popular and highly rated Imperial Stout going back to the winter of 1995, and my opinion on this beer hasn’t changed much. I’ll commit heresy and say that I think this beer is somewhat overrated and overhyped. Not that it isn’t a very good beer, but I’ve never found it to be in the category’s elite. It’s big and very chocolaty, thus adhering to truth in advertising. It’s also roasty, bitter, a bit earthy and quite sweet, but the sweetness seems kind of sugary to me. Sweet, roasty, chocolaty aroma. The mouthfeel is full and round, chewy and viscous. Dark brown color isn’t quite black, but getting close. Small, tan head is short-lived, fading down to nothing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - MAY 26, 2005
Bottle 12oz - Poured black as night with a short tan head that dissipates quickly to a ring around the outside of the glass and laces well. Aroma is chocolate and caramel and more chocolate and some hops. The flavor is like hershey’s syrup. I think I could put this on ice cream I really do. It is quite tasty but I really think that you can describe it with those 2 words. On the palate it coats your mouth like hershey’s syrup it is quite rich and quite thick too. Leaves a nice long chocolate aftertaste as well as the warmth from the alchohol. This is a really tasty beer. It ranks right up there with the best of the imperials in my opinion and you can’t beat the 7.99 price for a 6 pack here.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - MAY 21, 2005
O hell yeah!Rich black beer.Chocolate on the nose.Mouth feel real slick like oil with lots of chocolate.Finish was clean leaving me wanting more.