overall

RATINGS: 2136   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale, originally a summer seasonal, has been getting raves since becoming a year round offering in 1996. Garrett Oliver, a student of English brewing and beer history, uses English malts and hops to brew his EIPA in the classic, heavily-hopped style of the 19th century beers created for British soldiers serving in India.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jrmac (333) - South Carolina, USA - MAY 22, 2008
Poured a nice pale bronze with a very nice head of white foam. Smells of floral hoppy goodness. A little malt. I am not sure what I was expecting, but I really like this. I am not normally an IPA fanatic, but this one is great. A bit of caramel to go along with the hops and floral notes. Try one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davinci (295) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 18, 2008
Clear copper colored pour with thin off white head. Fruity aroma, mild spice from the hops, mild citrus, some roastiness. Overall it seems overly sweet on the nose. Flavor starts with mildly roasty sweet malt character, hops contribute a somewhat spicey herbal bitter, no citrus whatsoever. Bitterness is a bit astringent for me. Like many of their beers I am getting a bubblegum ester which seems totally out of place. Body is medium to light. I’m getting a touch of metallic notes on the finish with mild bitterness and more esters. Meh... not my kind of IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
soyorganic (307) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 15, 2008
This is how I like IPAs. Copper color, small initial taste with heavy carbonation then a heavy hop aftertaste kicks in and lingers. Nothing complex about it just good hops and very good. I would not get sick of drinking this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
evilsoc (191) - WALES - MAY 15, 2008
Poured orangey amber with a modest white head. I was expecting a piney aroma but I got an earthy hop and malty aroma with a sour, medicinal touch and some honey sweetness. I didnt detect that much citrus. The mouthfeel is good, very english carbonation. It’s straw malty with the earthy hops and a tangy, puckering dry finish with the alcohol making itself known.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
fiver29 (1036) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAY 14, 2008
Bottle pours a dark golden color with a white head. Has a nice aroma with some malt. Taste is more malt than hop and is overall ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Todeon (325) - SWEDEN - MAY 8, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 18, 2008 Bottle. Pours an amber color with a medoum head. Thte taste is a bit sweet with some really nice fruity notes. Finish is a bit hoppy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Guinness4Duff (515) - Tallahassee (and Poconos, PA), Florida, USA - MAY 7, 2008
Bottle. Pours a copper color with an off white head. Has a decent floral aroma with a taste to match, a typical well made IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
onlyrocknroll (379) - Antwerp, BELGIUM - MAY 7, 2008
Amber with a decent sized head. Lovely bitter fruity aroma. The flavour is pretty sweet, with a assertive citric biter balance. Full body and nice gentle carbonation. Pretty respectable straight-forward IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mgoy (344) - New York, New York, USA - APR 29, 2008
Brooklyn East India Pale ale is a beautiful deep orange-red amber color with a very small and quickly disappearing head. The aroma is slightly hoppy and the flavor is very smooth and nicely malted. This is a very nice and refreshing beer. I would have rated this higher is the head were more fully developed. This is a common problem amongst the Brooklys Brewery offerings I have tried. This was a good choice for my 200th rating!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
NaturalIce (148) - originally from Michigan, New York, USA - APR 29, 2008
I’ll have to say it was a mistake drinking this beer immediately after Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. The pour looked terric and I decided to just take a big gulp but was qutie surprised how sour it tasted. I don’t quite agree with the amount of hops - it seems like it could be a little bit more aromatic and bitter.