Brooklyn I Wanna Rye-It!
     click to upload

Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.62/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 222   ABV: 7.4%
The Worshipful Company of Brewers, brewer #7: Jimmy Valm
Fourteen years ago when I began home-brewing I never thought Iíd work for the Brooklyn Brewery. But after leaving Seattle, getting a brewing degree in Scotland, and working for Heineken in England making Fosterís on an industrial scale, I got the chance of a lifetime. Almost a year later and not only am I brewing some of the best beers around, but now Iíve been given the chance to design my own to add to that collection. Iíve always loved rye ales, but never took the time to make one of my own, and it turned out neither has the Brooklyn Brewery. Killing two birds with one stone never felt so right. And it wouldnít have happened without all the creative, fun, hard-working, and slightly deranged people you find at the Brooklyn Brewery. I hope you all enjoy I Wanna Rye It! as much as I enjoyed brewing it.

ttutony's rating

ttutony (634) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 17, 2013
Medium brown with a light tan head. Aroma of rye spice and chocolate. Great malty flavor profile. One of my favorite Brooklyn beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jjgmd (1359) - Coral Springs, Florida, USA - AUG 31, 2013
On tap at the brewery, pours a dark amber color with noticeable carbonation, Nose is woody with rye, somewhat dull. Taste is rye and woody. Finish is short, ok! Quaff Score 6 / 10

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
zgaier (1316) - Coral Springs, Florida, USA - AUG 31, 2013
On tap at Brooklyn Brewery. Pours a copper brown with a light tan head and aroma of malt and rye. Taste is of rye, caramel, bread, and roasted malt with a crisp, malty finish. Drinkable, solid rye brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bob_w (292) - new york, New York, USA - JUL 26, 2013
fairly clean aroma. hard to pull much out of it, some mild spiciness and mild malt notes. absolutely gorgeous, clear, dark "dr. pepper colored" rich garnet red hued color with a healthy white head. very chewy, hearty body, with a dry, peppery quality. serious malt backbone, but also an assertive bitter hop bite. the hops and malt battle on the tongue till the end. thereís a masked roastiness in the flavor.