RATINGS: 2325   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Brooklyn Lager, the Brewery's flagship label, is New York's "hometown" beer, brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Brooklyn Lager has won numerous awards. Wrote Michael Jackson in the Simon & Schuster Pocket Guide to Beer: "The dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, flavourful, Brooklyn Lager **-*** started well, in 1988, and has gained in character since."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Derek881 (1187) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - SEP 28, 2007
I enjoyed this on draft in Manhattan, and was really pleasantly surprised. The aroma was not too exciting, mostly grainy/earthy hops with a touch of caramel malt. A good appearance, a very dark rust color with a creamy, tan head. The flavor was quite good, hoppy and mostly bitter, but had some sweet aspects as well. I was very impressed with this type of palate from a lager. It was quite creamy and smooth, but still had ample carbonation, very well done. Overall, it exceeded my expectations and I would like to have it again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
charlotte (4953) - rřdovre, DENMARK - SEP 27, 2007
Amber colour with large white head.Aroma is really malty and bitter with taste of hops and pepper,really tasty and fresh beer better then many others Lagers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
yespr (37029) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - SEP 27, 2007
35.5 cL bottle. Pours deep orange, clear, with a slight off-white head. Fruity hops aroma, slight caramel malt. Malty flavour, slight roasted with a minor bread like note. Fruity and bitter hops join in a bit later, given a rather dry flavour into the finish with a minor refreshing fruity note. Slight soapy mouthfeel/flavour.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
KingpinIPA (841) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 26, 2007
Light amber color. Smell of malt, hops, flowers and some pepper. Taste of hops, pepper, citrus, flowers and malt. Refreshing and not that bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Acknud (1081) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - SEP 24, 2007
Very nice. Floral hops and malty aroma. I swear I can smell some orange notes. Medium mouth with a nice bitter finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Habdul (3) - CANADA - SEP 22, 2007 does not count
I love this beer! I’m partial to Lagers and Pils yet I do enjoy the extra character a pale ale has....this beer is the perfect beer for me! Full flavour, beautiful head for a lager that melts away into a nice cover that laces the glass all the way down....nice caramel color. Taste is full, feel is nice and it leaves a sparkle on your tongue. This along with Christoffel Blond are my 2 favorites amongst the beers I can get in my region. This is a nice step above Sams and IMO much better than Urquell or Czechvar. Highly recommend!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bobsy (194) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 21, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2007 On tap at Beerbistro. I don’t really like lagers, but maybe I’ve just drank the wrong kind. Nice hoppy aroma, and a taste of hops, fresh fruit and malt. Very pleasant. I’ve since bought a couple of bottles at the LCBO and it worked well paired with a thai red curry.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
goldbrew (99) - USA - SEP 21, 2007
In glass on tap. Excellent lager. This has some character to it with a rich golden hue and pleasant hop aroma. A touch more thickness than many lagers with a good balance. Recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
travita (4575) - Frisco, Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2007
Finally some charcter in a lager. Nice head that stays with the brew. Goldish color and clear. Nice hop smell, crisp and fresh at the back of the mouth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - SEP 20, 2007
12 oz can. Another of my "I haven’t rated this yet???" beers. Golden brown with a huge off white head that disintegrates rockily. Rather hoppy nose - citrus and grass, sweet malt. Light to medium bodied, the sweet maltiness comes through in the flavor, well balanced by floral and grass flavors. Some dry bread notes. Very flavorful, damn pleasant.