overall

RATINGS: 2059   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Brooklyn Lager, the Brewery's flagship label, is New York's "hometown" beer, brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Brooklyn Lager has won numerous awards. Wrote Michael Jackson in the Simon & Schuster Pocket Guide to Beer: "The dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, flavourful, Brooklyn Lager **-*** started well, in 1988, and has gained in character since."

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - JUL 30, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 14, 2007 This is a damn fine beer. I wish I could get it at the local supermarket. If I could then this would be my number one beer in the fridge. Pours with a golden copper color and a tan puffy head. Head dissipates quickly but leaves a drop of lace behind. Aroma is sweet and malty with some hops on the back end. Flavor is slightly fruity for a lager, very malty and filling. Overall, everybody I know who has tried this beer has enjoyed it. It is smooth, satisfying, and delicious. If I knew this beer was so good when I lived in Brooklyn I might have never left. Tried this again recently; this time on draft. I noticed that the draft version has a distinct malty, scotch character to it. The more I explore this beer the more I find to like about it. Note: June 14 2007, Guess what? Lucky me, this beer is now available locally. As promised itís on the top shelf of my fridge in its new permanent spot.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
CamdenD (1094) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUL 25, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2006 ReRate -- Winter 2006 -- well maybe I was just hankering for a bit of hops in London, but this out of the bottle had a bit more to it. Reminded me a bit of a sam adams in its nice deepness and "american-ness." Hoppy lagers arenít bad. Ehh... smell reminded me of a macro. Nothing here at all to make me want more. Very bland lager. (3/3/5/3/8)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
iratherbe (255) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - JUL 24, 2004
Good stuff! I have to say a surprisingly great Vienna from Brooklyn. Nice and smooth, red orange copper hues, serious satisfying malty taste for the style and just a hint of hoppiness to go with it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jimmack (1222) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - JUL 21, 2004
Light brown/amber with a medium sized off white head. Aroma of hops and malt. Malty flavor that has a nice balance of hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BrewEd (182) - Wilmington, North Carolina, USA - JUL 20, 2004
Bottled: OK but a little thin. Mild hops with a faint malt follow. Iíll have to try it again - maybe I got a bad one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - JUL 16, 2004
Basically I found this one to be citrussy hops on bland malt. Clear orange with a white lasting head. Hoppy aroma and flavor, and what seams to be Cascades???. It is smooth and clean, but not really my thing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
HoosierDadday (13) - USA - JUL 12, 2004
This is a fantastic beer. Brooklynís best, and thatís saying something. Quite possibly the best lager brewed in the United States

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ToolHead (266) - KÝbenhavn, DENMARK - JUL 10, 2004
35.5 cl bottle. Served in DBF 2004 sample glass. Dark gold. OK head. Fresh, hoppy aroma. The taste is dry and hoppy with a slight fruitiness. Easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - JUL 9, 2004
You know what, For a lager, this is a pretty decent beer. I had this after waiting over 20 minutes at a local pub to get the barmaids attention. Though nothing would be worth that wait, it was a pleasant surprise. Great way to spend the last day of summer classes. No sleep til....BROOKLYN.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DocLock (7866) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2004
This one was excellent! Pours dark straw with a medium, creamy, off-white head. Aroma of malt, corn flakes, hops, and slight fruit and honey. The tastes hits the papillae with layers of malt, fruit, honey, and a slightly dry, earthy finish. This is a rock solid lager. If Bluebeard had this stuff at sea, he might not have killed so many hookers.