overall

RATINGS: 2094   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Brooklyn Lager, the Brewery's flagship label, is New York's "hometown" beer, brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Brooklyn Lager has won numerous awards. Wrote Michael Jackson in the Simon & Schuster Pocket Guide to Beer: "The dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, flavourful, Brooklyn Lager **-*** started well, in 1988, and has gained in character since."

nikeballs7's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
nikeballs7 (9) - boone, North Carolina, USA - NOV 8, 2012
Initial hoppy flavor with some fruit and hop smell. A little cloudy with an off white head. Pretty solid lager ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rollerton (79) - SWEDEN - NOV 22, 2014
From tap at university. Pours two fingers of head. Great aroma with citrus, taste is likewise great, not too light and still easy to drink. A beer that makes us believe in lager beers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SciffPurchase (3) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 22, 2014 does not count
I felt at that moment the truth had been realized for me. My fear was that truth, and my fear was knowing that the all encompassing feeling of humanity had been and would be void in me. Love was something I had lost and couldn’t find and for whatever reason I was at a point in my life that I could come to terms with it. I had a rudimentary knowledge about the brain and its workings, and I felt that this might give me some assurance about my troubled mind. If I could understand that the drugs I was pushing up my nose had been doing some tricky stuff to my synapses, maybe I would be able to explain the growing void in me. To the contrary. Of course that article about the plastic brain was sensationalizing the science, but it made a forceful claim that the brain had ways of exhibiting plastic valuations of its inputs: neurons that fire together wire together. Stop using certain circuits, and they will be overtaken by others. It is a beautiful mechanism that allows blind people to see again and deaf to hear; today’s technological advances were making a direct acknowledgement of the plastic brain and realizing its benefits. For me, on this night of truthful discovery, my gut wrenched as I my insights became further rationalized to my worried mind. I hadn’t loved in years, I had replaced love and affection with cold logic and reason which served to solve some sort of invisible puzzle. The plastic brain is not a beautiful thing when the void is love, and the void is replaced by your overactive faculties of cold hard depression. I reflected on this hard and long, thinking about what had happened tonight. Her smell was still in my nose; my hands trembled and my eyes fluttered as the moment continued to release through me. Her beauty was real and raw, and we held each other for an eternity until it was all over and I was shaken and knew not what to do with myself. The input of love was searching for its corresponding network in my brain but could not find it. It was gone. At the gate was a dark tunnel which my emotions dampened into as I reasoned why this girl was not right for me. I could not love her, I realized. I could not love. So I didn’t love her, and never would. I sipped my beer. Erection achieved. I smirked. Just because you don’t love doesn’t mean you don’t budge. I began to shake my chest with my arms down to my side, my neck flirtlingly jutting forward. Good beer brooklyn lager, surprisingly good and drinkable. The bottle was perfectly shaped for my needs, so I opened up, and filled my void. My name is Sciff Purchase, and I when I drink I put one in my stink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
obe83 (37) - Livorno, ITALY - NOV 21, 2014
Un bel color ramato pulito con una schiuma poca ma persistente, al naso sentori di malto appena accennati (in fondo siamo al cospetto di una bassa fermentazione). La delusione arriva in bocca, dove si percepisce l’ossidazione del prodotto. Peccato perchè in partenza le aspattative erano ben diverse. Da riprovare e rivalutare, magari senza che abbia subito un viaggio transoceanico......

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Block (1480) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - NOV 20, 2014
Not too bad. A pretty sweet and mellow bear. Above average amber lager. Caramel notes in the body and a sweet finish. Some hops but not much.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
mikkellund42 (568) - DENMARK - NOV 18, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear amber with small white head. Aroma is dried apricots, winegums, malt, caramel, flowers and lemon. Taste is medium sweet, light bitter and faint acidic. Body oily with good carbonation. Finish is long and light bitter with notes of caramel, malt, apples, grain, lemon, honey and flowers. Very nice lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pricey290483 (360) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 16, 2014
have had this a few times on tap and bottle a very nice beer not like the other lagers that are available this has some taste very easy to come by they sell it in sainsburys one to have on hand for a hot summers day

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frode (286) - Oslo, NORWAY - NOV 15, 2014
Bottle 33 cl.
Amber, off-white head. Hoppy fruits, malt notes. Slightly thinner than expected flavour, but good, with malts, bread and dry bitter hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
DJoer (744) - NETHERLANDS - NOV 14, 2014
Medium white head, copper orange golden colour, caramel maple syrup creamy smell, medium carbonation medium bitter, caramel notes some pepper well balanced

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Diabobale (225) - ITALY - NOV 11, 2014
Una buona amber lager. forse unica nel suo stile, è un’americana dalla bevuta facile e dalla buona persistenza

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
blackisle (794) - IJburg, NETHERLANDS - NOV 10, 2014
Bottle 35.5cl. Clear medium amber color, one finger frothy white to off-white head, good retention, nice lacing; aroma sweet malts, bit roasty, caramel, biscuit, bread, light floral hops, citrus; taste moderate bittersweet, caramel notes, ; medium body, oily texture, soft carbonation; finish lingering dry bitter, fruity citrus notes. Very nice Vienna lager.