overall

RATINGS: 2234   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Brooklyn Lager, the Brewery's flagship label, is New York's "hometown" beer, brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Brooklyn Lager has won numerous awards. Wrote Michael Jackson in the Simon & Schuster Pocket Guide to Beer: "The dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, flavourful, Brooklyn Lager **-*** started well, in 1988, and has gained in character since."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cajun (197) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - AUG 11, 2010
Tasting - Gulf Brew 2010 - Golden with white head. Floral, grassy notes. flavors of citrus, hay, malted barley, not overly hoppy, very decent. A pizza beer for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slakemythirst (197) - - FEB 13, 2012
Blommig och söta toner av toffee samt litta citrus i doften. Smakrik med lätt brödiga toner. Harmoni. Slutsats: En mycket god lageröl.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tore_pettersen (195) - - DEC 14, 2013
Gyllen brun farge med et hvitt tynt skumlag. Lukter og smaker syrlig, malt og karamell. Medium kullsyre, god og bitter ettersmak.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
MereLikesBeer (195) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2009
Well, this is my first "technical" rating for a lager..don’t think I am in love with the style, however this beer does the style justice. I tasted it with BeerBaron617, my beer buddy... It’s got a nice pour - a dark honey amber color with a nice off white head. It has lots of bubbly’s in it, which I like :) It smelled really nice, malty and a bit hoppy too. Not what I expected out of a lager. Taste was pretty decent. Defiantly tasted the sweetness of the malt and maybe a bit of honey and caramel. I got a big taste of the hops...it’s just really not what I expected out of a lager. Cheers to Brooklyn for doing a pretty decent job.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beerluvindave (194) - Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2003
Like the Brown Ale, smooth and full, with bold head, but hoppy with little aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bobsy (194) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 21, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2007 On tap at Beerbistro. I don’t really like lagers, but maybe I’ve just drank the wrong kind. Nice hoppy aroma, and a taste of hops, fresh fruit and malt. Very pleasant. I’ve since bought a couple of bottles at the LCBO and it worked well paired with a thai red curry.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Keg_Juggler (193) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2010
12 oz. can poured into plastic cup at Mets game. nice balance of hops and malt flavor. delicious.

Shrews629 (193) - Kentucky, USA - JUL 18, 2010
Clear, orangish/amber color with a white head that had nice retention and left some real nice lacing. A few bubbles coming up from the bottom. Looks pretty inviting. Getting some floral hops at first with the smell. A bit more than usual with a typical "lager" style beer. Some lightly sweet smelling malts. Not too strong though. Caramel malt. Bread or biscuit notes also. The taste was of a nice light bitter touch that leaves me wanting another sip. Somewhat sweet in the taste. Well balanced and good. Only slightly sour. The mouthfeel was medium, dry, even, crisp and chewy. I really like this beer. I could drink this at any time during the year. Not real heavy. Good all around beer. I will definitely pick this up again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JanVah (193) - SWEDEN - APR 12, 2014
På fat @ Akkurat. Bärnstensfärgad vätska utan skumkrona. Doftar sött. Söt blommig smak.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dankfor20 (193) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 17, 2002
man i don’t normally drink lagers cause i’d rather spend my money on some knida ale but when my buddy offered me one i’m not gonna say no. I was quite suprised nice full body falvor. with a little hop finish