overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 902   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Brooklyn Oktoberfest was introduced in 2000. It is true to the original German style, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness. When Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria wanted to celebrate his wedding engagement in 1810, he did what any good Bavarian prince would--he threw a beer festival. Bothe the festival and the special beer served there became known as Oktoberfest. Brewed from the finest German malt and hops, Brooklyn Oktoberfest is true to the original style, fullbodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
PetetheMeat (621) - Hove, DENMARK - NOV 10, 2005
Amber, off white small medium lasting head. Lacing. Malty, floral aroma. Good carbonation. Malty, sweet flavour with notes of roasted malts. Alcohol.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
cazort (559) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 9, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2007 I’ve tried this beer twice and it was very different each time (bottle) which makes me wonder about consistency. Both times it was actually true to the style. Malty, in that Oktoberfest sort of way, not much hops. Happily lacks the sourness that some Oktoberfest brews have. The second time I had this beer it was much hoppier, in fact, it was probably the hoppiest Oktoberfest I’ve ever had, and as such, was my fav. Oktoberfest. I hope the second way is the way they continue to make it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TrevorFloyd (309) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 8, 2005
Nothing too creative, but a well balanced oktoberfest in my opinion. It left me wishing I had more, which is more than I could say for many other Oktobers I’ve tried.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Papsoe (25063) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 8, 2005
(Bottle 35,5 cl) Very pretty, dark amber with a small, creamy off-white head. Vague aroma of caramel and aroma hops. Medium body, notes of caramel and alcohol with a very dry, almost crisp, bitter finish. 231005

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
FrankJohansen (3617) - Sabro, DENMARK - NOV 3, 2005
Amber colour with an off white head. taste of malt and cramel. Light body. An old style oktober fest beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
madsberg (11369) - Søborg, DENMARK - NOV 2, 2005
Bottled: Clear amber coloured. Brownish head. Sweet and grassy. Has some distinct malty notes. Light caramel and fruit in the background. Is sweet and malty in the end. Light to medium bodied.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - NOV 2, 2005
Where should I begin? Well, first off I drank this beer on draft at Dock’s Oyster Bar in the Upper West Side on Broadway. I quit my job and ran away to New York with a friend. We both went on a weekend bender. I was actually somewhat sober when I drank this beer. It was nothing amazing. For it’s style it wasn’t too bad. It washed my oysters down really well. But I was in New York and I was away from my ridiculous job. It was amazing. As for the beer? It was ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
LoveCaissa (873) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 1, 2005
Pretty red amberish colour. Aroma is nice, toasty and malty (bread). Flavour is pleasant and malty too. Not very interesting but none the less very nice - the bottle seemed very small... ;o)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 30, 2005
GLowing red orange color with a moderate eggshell head. :Light malts with a hint of lemon in the aroma, also some raw potatoes. Slightly burnt sweet malts in the body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
EKGoldings (634) - Radford, Virginia, USA - OCT 29, 2005
This is a decent beer but not more than that. The malt is far too muted, the hops restrained, tastes watery, not much there.