overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 813   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Brooklyn Oktoberfest was introduced in 2000. It is true to the original German style, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 5, 2004
Not a huge favorite of Ocks...but a good drink. Amber body, pretty mild compared to most Oktoberfests I’ve had...which I liked...but it ran a bit thin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
joeec5 (204) - bayonne, New Jersey, USA - OCT 4, 2004
A good beer...red/amber...little to no head.malty..enjoyable to me..and i do not really love oktoberfests

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rajendra82 (947) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - OCT 2, 2004
This 12 oz. bottle was obtained courtesy of BeerAdvocate spiritdeus. The brown bottle released a beer with a reddish amber body, and a fizz of initial carbonation, but with no head to speak of. The aroma was very mild and can be at best described as floral and perfumey. The taste was sweet and bready malt driven and toasty, but the body was a bit too thin. There was a tangy lemony aftertaste that kept me coming back for more though. Smooth and drinkable, but could benefit from a touch less wateriness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
tbookman (618) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 1, 2004
Medium copper color, thin and a bit hazy. Some caramel sweetness, with a bit of roasted malt and a bit of hops. Not bad, but not real distinctive either.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beastdog75 (362) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - SEP 27, 2004
Oktoberfest brews don’t excite me too much, but this one in particular really didn’t do to much for me. The reddish orange color is very pleasing to the eye, but overall it seemed a bit bland. The caramel malt was there along with some nuttiness and some citric hoppiness. Average O-Fest.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - SEP 26, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2005 This was average, I started out like a lager, and finished weak. I am thinking it maybe a bad bottle, I think I may have had it on tap and it was much better, but at oktobeerfest partys it was last of the bunch.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
DYCSoccer17 (3302) - Woodland, California, USA - SEP 26, 2004
I thought I had rated this before. Slightly metallic, slightly caramelly and toasty nose. Blegh. Transparent darker copper color with a slight red twinge. Small off white head. This is very very very malty. Almost like eating straight butter. Lots of grain, toastiness, cherrios in liquid form. Not a big fan of the chewiness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 19, 2004
Well, I had this on tap at a bar about three blocks from the brewery in Brooklyn. At least I got it that close. We got turned away at the door because of early closing due to their own Oktoberfest. Ah, well. A nice beer, for the style, I liked. Slightly syrupy on the uptake. Brown color.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jine (896) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 19, 2004
Had this on tap, at a bar, about 1000 feet from Brooklyn Brewery. Me and a friend had gone there for the fest, but it was raining bad so we decided not to stay. A nice Oktoberfest, but not the best

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
egajdzis (5274) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 16, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 10, 2007 Poured a deep copper color with a small off white head that receded to a thin film and left light lacing on the glass. Sweet malty, light caramel, and doughy aroma. The taste is very malty but not overly sweet. However, that is about all I am getting. Mouthfeel is carbonated, though overall it finishes wet.