overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 808   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Brooklyn Oktoberfest was introduced in 2000. It is true to the original German style, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
omhper (18972) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 27, 2008 Bottled. Dusty and caramelly with lifeless crystal malt character half covered in piney hops. Finishes with salty cardboard. True to the original German style? Nothing could be more wrong.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jake Barnes (456) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 27, 2001
Ruby color. Little head. Big hop aroma. The flavor is mostly hops with some toasty malt background. I thought it was a bit overhopped and the malt got dominated a bit. Not bad, but certaintly not outstanding.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
limubai99 (9) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - DEC 3, 2001 does not count
It is rare that I send a beer back but I simply could not finish the Brooklyn Octoberfest. Watery, overly hopped, and vaguely sour. I admit it might have been a bad keg but I have been disappointed by many Brooklyn beers of late. The Octoberfest was only on tap for a week at my local watering hole before it got pulled cuz of the volume of complaints. Avoid.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 7, 2001
I’ve had a couple of Oktoberfest beers recently and I’ve been unimpressed. It’s fine, its a nice medium amber, brown kinda color. Has some taste but it just isn’t very memorable. I’d order another if I just wanted a beer but not if I wanted something interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 21, 2001
A good beer, but falls short of the excellent taste I usually expect from an Oktoberfest.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 10, 2001
Hops over malts is not the way i like my Oktoberfests.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - SEP 5, 2001
Very little aroma, and very little taste to boot. Watery, with a very yeasty body. Just another crappy Oktoberfest to add to my list, I should just stick to the tried and true.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - SEP 4, 2001
I wish all American brewers producing oktoberfests would take a lesson from Ayinger, whose Oktoberfest is malty, tasty, and delicious. Instead, most breweries insist on putting out yeast-heavy, flavor-deprived brews such as this one. Yeast and hops dominate the aroma of this vibrant dark red beer, and the finish follows suit. What a waste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Oakes (11866) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 3, 2001
Crisp, toasty marzen somewhat overshadowed by the day’s better examples.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bonvivant (168) - Smithfield, Virginia, USA - AUG 20, 2001
I wsa really disappointed with this beer.Although not a bad beer, I don’t think it was a great ’Oktoberfest’ Marzen style. It really lacked enough malt character for me to call it an Oktoberfest’