RATINGS: 776   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Brooklyn Summer Ale is a modern rendition of the "Light Dinner Ales" brewed in England throughout the 1800's right up until the 1940's. They were also called "luncheon ales" or even "family ales", because they were refreshing and flavorful without being too heavy. We brew our Brooklyn Summer Ale from premium English barley malt, which gives this light-bodied golden beer a fresh bready flavor. German and American hops lend a light, crisp bitterness and a citrus/floral aroma resulting in a beer with a very sunny disposition. FOOD PAIRING Excellent with salads, seafood, quiches, and lightly spicy dishes. It's also great at a brunch. SPECS Style: English Style Light Dinner Ale Malts: Two Row British Malts Hops: German Perle and American Cascade, Fuggle, and Amarillo Alcohol: 4.5% by volume Original Gravity: 11 Plato

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
kidmartinek (3974) - austin, Texas, USA - JUN 16, 2009
A real dichotomy here. Where do I start with this one? Pour this beer and itís golden pale yellow with little to no head. The smell is like fuggles and amarillo hops, my least favorite and second most favorite respectively. It has that bland but bitter english malt taste we all know and hate and is a little sour-doughy on the backend. Very bitter aroma. The finish and aftertaste are sweet. Too bad I bought a pint of this and not the sour I sampled.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghostwheel (43) - Hauppauge, New York, USA - JUN 12, 2009
I usually hate summer ales but this beer is tops. Very grassy notes, but delicious finish light hops. This could become one of my favorites. I havenít had a great beer from Brooklyn since they first unveiled their lager. This could be better or its equal. I highly recommend!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mwelsh13 (499) - Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2009
Bottle pours yellow with a sparse head. Aroma of corn and stale grain. Slight grassy bitterness in the beginning followed by the body that is loaded with corn. Fairly sweet. Nothing sticks out as memorable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cirrhosis (1271) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 11, 2009
"Pale golden color with a good sized white crown. I canít explain it but this beer looks empty and I canít explain how it looks empty it just looks empty. Dull hop aroma with bruised banana, and dark wheat this smells ok I guess itís just not appealing to me. The flavor is very watery and empty, dark wheat, melon, banana, and a massively dry finish. I guess this a very drinkable yard work beer but I just found it to watered down and unexciting but it was still complexÖÖ.how very odd."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
italarican (1526) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - JUN 9, 2009
Pours a cloudy gold with a sustainable white head. Some sweetness with a tinge of hops. Itís aight.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cavie (4043) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2009
Rich golden color. Great aroma of hops, grain and lemon zest. Taste isnít quite as full as the aroma, but not disappointing. Bittering towards the finish. Very refreshing!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
travita (4531) - Frisco, Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2009
Orange color with a small off white head. The smell is caramel, fruits, malts, and bread. The taste is light floral, caramel, bready, and malts. Light and mellow.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
zdk (1852) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 6, 2009
drought. Nice light flavor, light body. Not too much flavor, but nice yeasty nose and easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dnlsartin (80) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 4, 2009
Light, golden appearance. A fizzy, almost weightless mouthfeel. Some tasteful floral notes. Overall, a little too light for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
vtafro (5087) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - JUN 4, 2009
Bottle. I found this beer to be very refreshing, as for flavor it lacked depth but still was good. The alcohol is lower than five which could make this into a very nice session beer.