Brown’s Maple Brown Ale
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A Spring seasonal favorite. Our mild and smooth Brown Ale brewed with 100% New York State Maple Syrup. Soft, soothing and pleasantly sweet, our Maple Brown is a lovely companion to cool Spring nights on the deck.
Malts: Domestic Two Row Pale & Caramel
Hops: Mt. Hood

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ngeunit1 (1555) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 10, 2011
A - Pours a clear brown with red mixed in and a half finger of off white head. The head faded farily quickly to a fing leaving behind some lacing on the glass. S - Aroma is a mix of caramel malts and strong nuttiness. There is also some nice maple aroma in the background. T - Starts off with sweet caramel malts and a lot of nuttiness. There is smoothing maple sweetness in the background. Through the middle some more nutty flavors and some fruity flavors come out. The finish is a mix of sweet rich caramel malts, nutty flavors, and some maple sweetness that linger nicely. M - Medium bodied with moderate carbonation. Very smooth and crisp. There is some nice lingering maple sweetness in the finish that lingers nicely. D - Very drinkable. The maple flavor mixed in is a really nice addition. It is not too sweet but really makes the beer very enjoyable. Everything else feels very nicely balanced around it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbill (3422) - Laurel, New York, USA - MAY 8, 2011
Growler filled at the brewpub and consumed several days later. Pours a clear deep brown that seems to have a purplish tint. The edges are deep ruby when held against the sun. Thin-moderate tan head that faded within the first two sips and left no lace. Pleasant aroma of malt along with a bit of maple syrup. The flavor is malt with probably the strongest dose of maple Syrup I have come across in a beer. I like sweet beers, so the sweetness of the maple syrup combined with the malt is a treat for me. For others perhaps not so much. Virtually no bitterness at the finish, just a continuation of the lingering maple goodness. Medium bodied. I guess my only complaint would be the expense of picking up this growler. They use 2 litre swingtops, so this fill cost me $35. Hopefully I don’t break it like I did with my Albany Pump House growler on a recent trip.