overall

RATINGS: 355   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Ale brewed with pumpkin, yams, toasted fenugreek, lemon verbena and birch bark.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tree777 (16) - Florida, USA - MAY 31, 2012
Meant to buy the The Alchemist / Ninkasi / Stone More Brown than Black IPA but bought this one instead but was not disappointed at all. Nice pumpkin spiced beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
TheBishopco (15) - Tennessee, USA - NOV 25, 2011
I do not like pumpkin ales, so take this review with a grain of salt. Received in trade from P1Meatloaf. This beer seemed like the perfect beer to have with my Thanksgiving dinner. Smells and tastes strongly of lemon verbena, almost overpowering. The other flavors mix and fade in the background and the traditional pumpkin spice and flavors are hardly there. I expected more from these three breweries working together. Overall, not horrible, but certainly not good either.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerelephant (12) - California, USA - NOV 1, 2011
Definitely not the best Stone Collaboration but I wouldn’t ask for my money back and am happy to have tried it. Appearance is exceptional - deep mohagony red with a light cream head. Interesting aroma - primarily pulling yams, smoked meats and brown sugar. Also getting a bit of clove and traces of pumpkin. Taste is where this one falls a little short - smoked wood bitterness initially overwhelms the palate, but I do get a good amount of biscuity malt and yams, some pumpkin, and a bit of allspice and brown sugar. The burp effect is actually quite nice. Overall, a solid cold weather, campfire beer.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Wray043 (11) - Lincoln, California, USA - JAN 28, 2012
Shared whith beerboxer,Not my favorite, off white head,dark brown color, yam smell

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ashvillain (9) - Ashville, North Carolina, USA - JAN 22, 2012 does not count
Very complex aroma comming out of the bottle. I initially caught wisps of lemon then somthing more mysterious, eventually I could smell the birch. Pours a big creamy tan head out of the bottle. Looks like dark cola in the glass but turns a brilliant ruby color when held up to the light. Out of the glass I again can smell the citrus. I then pick up somthing like marshmellows and more mystery. The first taste is slighty bitter with a bit of roast. Possible some of the toasted fenugreek and some birch comming through. Very interesting beer. I’m glad I tried it but I probably wouldn’t buy it again. I scored it high for originality