overall

RATINGS: 109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.46/5   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Our blonde Belgian style Tripel exhibits notes of vanilla and perhaps pears.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
puzzl (3257) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 23, 2009
Tap at Barcade. Very, very estery aroma, tons of bubble gum, sweet banana, phenols. Flavor is cloyingly sweet in the finish, with some spice and cinnamon and yeast accents up front. Hardly Belgian tasting at all, so overwhelmingly sweet, near undrinkable. Probably the worst Tripel I’ve ever had.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Rciesla (5500) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - FEB 7, 2009
Draft pours a golden body with a thin lacing. Loads of alcohol latent fruity esters, gum, bananas, citrus, and apple skins. Drastically sweet malt body with a transient lemon tartness for balance. Wow overbearingly sweet. I tried to pawn this off but was to late. My notes say 2.8- i think this might even be generous.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BlackDonald (1126) - Gulf Shores, Alabama, USA - AUG 9, 2009
After hearing all the bragging about this beer I was disappointed to get to the brewery and they only had two beers on and another guest tap. Than I get my chalice of bubbly golden liquid and it’s fucking flat. So I could not really experience the hype. Sweet simple candy sugar notes and a bready biscuity note throughout. Not really alot going on with this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
lilannie (384) - Adamstown, Maryland, USA - OCT 16, 2005
GABF 2005
Aroma: bananas, spices, cloves
Appearance: clear yellow, small head, no lacing
Flavor: burnt bread, grains, and yeast
Palate: watery

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
madvike (3183) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 27, 2013
On tap at GTMW 2013 - Pours hazy amber with a thin off-white head. Nose is honeyed tropical fruit, overripe. Sweet and boozy. Taste is the same--boozy, fruity, and really sweet. Slick and low carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DSG (11246) - Tel Aviv, ISRAEL - MAR 22, 2016
Bottle sample at a tasting at Max’s place. Thanks kerenmk. Slightly hazy golden with a white head. Aroma of fruity esters, a bit of honey, an oxidized note, yeast. Sweet flavor with fruity esters, a bit of honey, a bit of yeast, a bit of alcohol. Medium-bodied.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - SEP 23, 2008
extra from Sephiroth. Lazy and still in the glass. Seemingly overspiced - or just a very strong yeast presence with little balance. Lifeless and too sweet. Strong alcohol. I like this brewery’s stuff, what little I had. This was the first real disappointment.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Itzjerm (2158) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - MAY 23, 2014
Not very good beer. But sounds good. Good descriptions but not that good of a beer. Flavors are Belgian like. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2005
GABF 2005: I usually try to ignore what other people are writing but, since there was only one at the time, I had to look. I enjoy tripels but, this was just missed for me. I would really like to taste the beer that jahughey is talking about because I didn’t get it.