Bubes Requiem IPA (Wet Hop)
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.07/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
PapaSkeetSkeet (808) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - SEP 18, 2010
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2010 All right, the 2010 version of this beer must be much more delightful than the older version reviewed below. I had it yesterday on tap at Bubes. I cant give a very detailed account of the aroma and flavor, but it was very good- markedly hoppy, but not markedly bitter. It was definitely a hazy, cloudy brew, but no hops were floating in the beer. It was balanced and refreshing, yet I wouldnt pinpoint any strong and standout citrus or pine flavors. This is incredibly drinkable and stands out as a one of those pleasant-surprise IPAs that keeps me trying the style again and again despite a lack of enthusiasm for most beers labeled as such. Apparently 20 lbs of hops were recently harvested at a farm in Elizabethtown just for this brew. Yum, will buy again!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
afireinside96 (923) - Mountville, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 18, 2008
On tap at teh brewpub. If you have ever had one of Bube’s beers you are probably familiar with the house character there. It seems all of their beers have a strange estery quality that I have not tasted elsewhere. Well if this beer didn’t have it it would be pretty good but as it is it really masks a lot of the hop smell and flavor. The smell is nearly completely dominated by it only detecting a hint of pine and grapefruit. Taste fares a little better but is still marred by this odd taste. Nice bitterness lasts for some time. Also of note, I didn’t have the cascades floating in my pint.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Miver (609) - Silver Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 2, 2008
On draft at brewpub. Comes with the option of floating cascade hops in the beer. Poured hazy golden in color with very little head and minimal carbonation. Aroma of light hops. Light cascade hop flavors with an olive or vegetable aftertaste. I’ve had better IPA’s at Bube’s. Might I note that I’m not a fan of cascade hops actually floating in my beer. It makes for a mess and its hard to drink.