overall

RATINGS: 68   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
I never met a Sasquatch I didn't like. This delicious beer starts with a distinct citrus aroma followed by a complex flavor from European Munich and Biscuit specialty malts. Finally, it ends with the trademark Buckeye finish- hops, hops, and more hops. The Columbus variety is used to balance the brew, and later Sasquatch and I personally dry-hop it with Cascade.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rudolf (2340) - Buffalo, New York, USA - OCT 24, 2004
Malty & green. Aroma is very candi sugar, subdued green hops. Lots of hop bitterness but not a whole lot of flower flavor. Hops do balance the malt well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brentfeesh (1207) - Gadsden, Alabama, USA - SEP 18, 2006
22oz bottle. Nice amber color with a light off white head. Light carbonation. Good looking really, except for the over abundance of particles floating around in there. Just a light grain aroma with hints of spice when you give your glass a swirl. Spicy bitterness from the hops and woody grains. Spice, wood and grain. Done. Long and lingering bitter finish. Light and dry. Not my favorite from Buckeye.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - SEP 7, 2003
Buckeye and I don't seem to be seeing "eye to eye". Citrusness became more appearant after warming, but wasn't a beer I would have drank warm. It was just the hoppy bite at the end kept me from drinking it too fast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Eirikur (369) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - JUN 30, 2004
Another average IPA, I cannot really say much about this brew ! Neutral, average.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - AUG 27, 2004
Bottle thanks to Rockingout. Poured a deep orange color. Head was sparse. Aroma is citrus hoppy with malt in the background. Mouthfeel is thin for me. Perhaps too much of a hop bite for the grain bill. Not unpleasant but not quite there for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
aaaaaaaaaah (64) - Warren, Michigan, USA - OCT 14, 2009
On tap @ buckeye. Aroma is apple & pear, reminds me of an air freshener. Finished dry with earthy hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
illinismitty (2270) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 6, 2006
Bomber purchased at Rivers Bend in Ohio. Pours deep amber orange with a thick pillowy white head. Citrus hop aroma. Medium light mouthfeel and fizzy texture. Llight biscuity malt flavor, countered by spicy hops. I also pick up distracting amounts of diacetyl on the finish, which is bitter and soapy. I did not care for this, nor the Hippie IPA. Perhaps I am getting some bad or poorly handled bottles?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jmikolich (1427) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - SEP 3, 2013
Tap at buckeye, just further proof how far this brewery has fallen in recent years.. their kitchen staff has left for Lizardville and other locations, their brewer left and the rest is history. an orangey type beer, with little to no hop punch, not even clean and tasty just kind of malty and bland. needs more cleaner taste not the lingering malt flavor I get.