overall

RATINGS: 796   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.3   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Introduced in 1994, Bud Ice is a smooth-tasting ice beer. Combined with Bud Ice Light, Bud Ice is one of the countryís top-selling ice beers.

1guywith_aboat's rating

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
1guywith_aboat (212) - phenix city, Alabama, USA - JUL 23, 2013
Pale gold pour. Corny ash nose. More taste than regular bud or BL. I canít say its bad because thereís nothing bad there. Its just bland beer. Inoffensive and easy drinking. Near flavorless with a little corn. Very smooth. Slightly dry, oily finish.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Palidor19 (2919) - Brandon, Florida, USA - JUN 30, 2014
Yep, about what I was expecting. pale color taste of low malts, corn, rice. fizzy head. d, no bitterness and a slight alcohol kick at the end. bought at a gas station with the remainder of my gift card.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
alexsdad06 (5256) - Ohio, USA - JUN 16, 2014
Bottle at the in laws. Same crap as any other macro stuff. Pours a clear yellow color with a small white head. The aroma and flavor have sweet grainy malt, corn, grass and not much else. Only if it is the only option and cold would I do it again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
hockeybeerguy (1477) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I just found the notes on this. Before I really got into good beer, I used to drink this all the time thinking this was the bees knees back then. Now that I had found notes on this during a party I was at and I sat there and didnít want to bother with anyone, here is my take on this beer. The night I actually reviewed this, this was poured into a pint glass. Please donít ask me how else Iíve had this beer over the years. The appearance was a total see through golden yellow with rapidly rising bubbly carbonation pouring into the rapidly dissipating head that is actually only less than a half a fingerís worth of head. The smell was cooked rice with toasted corn notes to it. Do I like this? Hmmm....well, its not exactly my cup of tea. The taste was mainly sweet through the cooked rice and corn notes. There is a slight sweet aftertaste and no finish. On the palate, this is exceptionally light. Sessionable - this defines it. The carbonation seems to fairly good for the style as thereís nothing bad about it. Overall, well, I see its labeled a pale lager on Ratebeer. However, Iím not really seeing it as a pale lager as its more of a light lager. Ever since I took my plunge into the world of craft beer, I havenít had this since. But for which it stands, Iím glad I found these notes to say something on this today.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
TXBadger (1219) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I wouldnít say smooth tasting beer, this one has a bite to it, but not in a good way. The finish lingers and is somewhat dirty.

mrdre (2) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2014 does not count
by far my favorite beer of all time..i donít really sit down and smell beer like that because thatís crazy..but the taste to me is crisp and nice..just how i like my beer

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sledutah (4276) - Utah, USA - MAR 17, 2014
16oz can from the state store
Clear golden with a small white head that dissipates quickly, no head. Aroma of corn, cereal and honey. Taste is sweet and corn
Footbalmed

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Shanebrews (167) - Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2014
I purchased Bud Ice a few days ago, principally because it was the same price as Natural Ice that day and I was seeking that ice beer experience. One should always be skeptical of beer in a clear bottle. Anyhow, the aroma is neutral; the appearance is of urine; the taste is bland and void of any bite; the palate is smooth and short. There is nothing to commend this beer to anyone, but it is not offensive either.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
tectactoe (1443) - Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2014
Bottle: Ahh... good olí Bud Ice. Or as I like to call it, Budweiser Eisbock. This beer tastes like liquid aluminum. Super metallic, dry grains with that same, nauseating sweet corn flavor that grows with warmth. Sharp on the tongue, almost hurts. There really is no reason to ever drink this beer. Even a regular Budweiser is better. This is just... ugh. Atrocious. Avoid at all costs (as if you didnít already know that).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
lukedarock (142) - Howell, Michigan, USA - JAN 24, 2014
Not too bad compared to other ice beers in its class but definitely nothin to whoo about, gets the job done

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mstrcrwly (231) - New York, USA - JAN 3, 2014
how does anyone drink this shit..or anything from anheuser-busch for that matter,,pathetic.