overall

RATINGS: 800   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.3   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Introduced in 1994, Bud Ice is a smooth-tasting ice beer. Combined with Bud Ice Light, Bud Ice is one of the country’s top-selling ice beers.

Cakes' rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cakes (363) - New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2011
24 oz. can Pours a straw color with a frothy head that quickly diipates. Has a sweet aroma of corn syrup. What is the "ice" difference? It adds nothing here taste wise.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
slowrunner77 (5977) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 15, 2014
"mmmmm...a slightly drier version of the pee water we know as the "king" of beers. why all the different variations. college students drink this swill to get drunk. smells, looks, and tastes like urine."

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ordybill (101) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 7, 2014
Bud Ice is a beer use to drink on occasion years ago. But since then it has fallen way down on my list of "go to" beers. Aroma-non-descript, generic adjunct lager smell. Appearance- a yellowish color with carbonation and little head noticed. Taste- I find this less enjoyable than the standard bearer Budweiser, not horrible but this beer has a bland and almost unrecognizable flavor. Palate- i really noticed the carbonation. Overall- this beer isn’t horrible nor is it a great beer, it is simply a beer that I will drink if someone offers it to me, If it was on a menu with a half a dozen other beers I would almost certainly choose something else over this.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Travlr (12291) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 26, 2014
Absolutely irrelevant brew. Thankfully this one never hit Europe, as regular Budwesier did. I would be embarrassed as an American to allow others to taste this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Darkmagus82 (1729) - - AUG 19, 2014
Transfer from BA review on 12-25-12- Poured from can into a pint glass Appearance- Pours a light straw color with a one finger fizzy white head. The head fades very fast to leave very little lacing. Smell – The aroma is a mix of corn, some breadiness and some cardboard aromas. Taste –The taste actually follows the nose quite well. It starts out with a very light sweet corn flavor and some malt. The flavor sweetens out more toward the middle to the end all the while a cardboard taste gets more potent. In the end a rather bland papery and bready flavor are left on the tongue. Mouthfeel –The body of the beer is average to below average in terms of thickness with a carbonation level that is slightly above average. A crisper feel appropriate for the style, but nothing too exceptional. Overall – Ah nothing you really want to go to even for a cheap session.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Alengrin (2087) - BELGIUM - AUG 2, 2014
Typical ’ice’ lager, a marketing trend dating back some years which has lead to some of the most boring lagers in the world. Thinnish but stable, dense, yellowish white head, colour a pale straw yellow with a peachy hue, cristal clear. Grainy nose with some faint pale malts, corn, vanilla, white bread, bubblegum, almost no hops noticeable. Taste neutral, light grainy sweetishness, smooth and thin mouthfeel, sourish note, quickly fading away and with no hop bitterness worth mentioning. Very bland and dull, as expected...

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Palidor19 (2966) - Brandon, Florida, USA - JUN 30, 2014
Yep, about what I was expecting. pale color taste of low malts, corn, rice. fizzy head. d, no bitterness and a slight alcohol kick at the end. bought at a gas station with the remainder of my gift card.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
alexsdad06 (5562) - Ohio, USA - JUN 16, 2014
Bottle at the in laws. Same crap as any other macro stuff. Pours a clear yellow color with a small white head. The aroma and flavor have sweet grainy malt, corn, grass and not much else. Only if it is the only option and cold would I do it again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
nakedwhendrunk (2196) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I just found the notes on this. Before I really got into good beer, I used to drink this all the time thinking this was the bees knees back then. Now that I had found notes on this during a party I was at and I sat there and didn’t want to bother with anyone, here is my take on this beer. The night I actually reviewed this, this was poured into a pint glass. Please don’t ask me how else I’ve had this beer over the years. The appearance was a total see through golden yellow with rapidly rising bubbly carbonation pouring into the rapidly dissipating head that is actually only less than a half a finger’s worth of head. The smell was cooked rice with toasted corn notes to it. Do I like this? Hmmm....well, its not exactly my cup of tea. The taste was mainly sweet through the cooked rice and corn notes. There is a slight sweet aftertaste and no finish. On the palate, this is exceptionally light. Sessionable - this defines it. The carbonation seems to fairly good for the style as there’s nothing bad about it. Overall, well, I see its labeled a pale lager on Ratebeer. However, I’m not really seeing it as a pale lager as its more of a light lager. Ever since I took my plunge into the world of craft beer, I haven’t had this since. But for which it stands, I’m glad I found these notes to say something on this today.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
TXBadger (1421) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I wouldn’t say smooth tasting beer, this one has a bite to it, but not in a good way. The finish lingers and is somewhat dirty.

mrdre (2) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2014 does not count
by far my favorite beer of all time..i don’t really sit down and smell beer like that because that’s crazy..but the taste to me is crisp and nice..just how i like my beer