overall
n/a

RATINGS: 321   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gfolivares (67) - McAllen, Texas, USA - MAY 14, 2008
Pours a cloudy salmon color with a frothy pink speckled head. Very aeromatic with hints of spiced tomato juice, sea salt, fresh citrus, and sweet malt, and shrimp cocktail. Full bodied with thick, chewy mouthfeel and good effervecence. An unforgiving explosion of flavors, spicy, peppery, sugary tomato juice, and marine-like clam juice gives way to a salty, citrusy middle, and a crisp, clean and gentle hop finish. I am not a fan of premixed cocktails but Bud Light Chelada is an exception. It has an excellent taste for a premixed, bottled cocktail, the closest to a a freshly made Michelada that I have had from any beer company. Although it may be a bit rough to the uninitiated drinker, this beer is very popular in South Texas, where I am from, and along the border with other Latino populations. It is nice to see a Macro company come out with a product intended for a minority group. It may be hard to beleive, to some beer drinkers, but this stuff is very popular in South Texas with Hispanics and is available at every single gas station, supermarket, liquer store, and bar. Very refreshing and appetizing. Try with a fresh shrimp cockail with avocado, or fresh ceviche. A note for those who rated this beer very low: A Michelada is a traditional beer cocktail invented along the Mexican border and is a present day Tex-Mex bar staple. A traditional Michelada is made with beer, Clamato, pepper, salt, lime juice, worstershire sauce, and Tabasco.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Tiger0709 (1) - USA - MAY 9, 2008 does not count
While this isnít really what most people think of as beer, I love it!!!!!

tommy8768 (120) - Litlle Compton, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 4, 2008
If I could rate it lower I would. The most vile beverage I have ever tasted. Smells like vomit in a can. Tastes like tomato soup mixed with horse piss-a new low for A-B.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
greedycheater (80) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 3, 2008
Looks like grapefruit juice. Smells like spicy tomato juice. Tastes like it too, with some carbonation. A little spicy, refreshing. Decent summer chugger. Long aftertaste of spicy tomato juice.

arventresca (566) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 27, 2008
Bottle. Pours red. Smells like loose shit. Looks and taste like a bloody mary puked its guts out. Donít know why this was ever made and for that fact why it ever made the market. I feel like less of a man for trying this shit. First beer that I literally dumped after two sips. Please get this stuff over the market.

ThaBobfather (178) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 25, 2008
I believe that a .5 is the lowest you can rate a beer. This is the worst thing thatís ever passed my lips. Maybe if I cooked with it and used it as pizza or sqagetti sauce it would be ok. Itís as if someone said, lets add a shot of vodka to clam/tomato juice and see if anyone will drink it. After tasting it, I immediately threw it at my neighbors cat. Sometimes I ask random people if that have clamidia. Now I ask, does your Bud Light has Chelada? (cause itís the same thing)

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Suttree (5222) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 17, 2008
Oh God, this is horrible. But I guess if youíve ever drank a Bud light and thought, "Man, this is OK, but it really needs more clam juice", then I suppose this is the beer for you.

MrRain (472) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 13, 2008
Sweet Mother Of God. This is the worst swill Iíve ever laid my lips on. 24oz can poured into a shaker. Iíve never understood the idea of "drain-pour". I mean, actually pour a beer down the drain? It would have to be REALLY bad. Now I understand. This is horrible. It smells like tomato juice and mineral water. It tastes like tomato juice and... I donít know... itís BAD.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Gypsy19 (726) - California, USA - APR 12, 2008
Oh God, please take my life... I genuinely canít see how this is not rated the worst beer ever. Oh wait, thereís Budweiser Chelada. Pasta sauce runoff meets dumpster drain meets bum piss. This is one of the worst "beer" experiences Iíve ever had, and Iíve had some bad ones. I guess if you really have something to prove, regular Budweiser Chelada would be worse, but this shit is a very close second. I feel a sense of relief that this oneís out of the way; That is, now that Iíve rated it, I never have to see it or its evil sibling ever again...

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
StefanSD (2183) - Lakeside, California, USA - APR 11, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2009 24 oz can from Albertsons. I bought this several weeks ago when I rated the Bud Clamato. My intention was to rate them side by side but I just couldnít. That first one was so bad it traumatized me. This pours a light pink color with a small fizzy head that immediately vanished. The odor was sort of like bad oysters and tomatoes--one of the worst noses of any beer. The flavor of this was a bit more palatable than that the full Bud Chelada; there is watered down tomato puree, clams, and weak corn beer. The mouthfeel was slick and greasy. The Finish was short with a lingering saltiness. Overall: I thought this was way better than Full Bud Chelada--perhaps its more accurate to say "it sucks less." But that is scant praise. It seems to me that AB is out to prove that the difference between good beer and bad beer is that good beer has its limits.