overall
n/a

RATINGS: 323   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.17   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Gypsy19 (726) - California, USA - APR 12, 2008
Oh God, please take my life... I genuinely canít see how this is not rated the worst beer ever. Oh wait, thereís Budweiser Chelada. Pasta sauce runoff meets dumpster drain meets bum piss. This is one of the worst "beer" experiences Iíve ever had, and Iíve had some bad ones. I guess if you really have something to prove, regular Budweiser Chelada would be worse, but this shit is a very close second. I feel a sense of relief that this oneís out of the way; That is, now that Iíve rated it, I never have to see it or its evil sibling ever again...

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
StefanSD (2191) - Lakeside, California, USA - APR 11, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2009 24 oz can from Albertsons. I bought this several weeks ago when I rated the Bud Clamato. My intention was to rate them side by side but I just couldnít. That first one was so bad it traumatized me. This pours a light pink color with a small fizzy head that immediately vanished. The odor was sort of like bad oysters and tomatoes--one of the worst noses of any beer. The flavor of this was a bit more palatable than that the full Bud Chelada; there is watered down tomato puree, clams, and weak corn beer. The mouthfeel was slick and greasy. The Finish was short with a lingering saltiness. Overall: I thought this was way better than Full Bud Chelada--perhaps its more accurate to say "it sucks less." But that is scant praise. It seems to me that AB is out to prove that the difference between good beer and bad beer is that good beer has its limits.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - APR 7, 2008
UPDATED: APR 8, 2008 710 ml. can, coded freshness date on the bottom of the can, pouring suggestion above the list of ingredients and trademarks, sampled in an old Budweiser lager/pilsener glass that I purchased at a yard sale a couple of years ago. L: Cloudy appearance and, well, I thought the body looks exactly like homemade Texas Ruby Red grapefruit juice, thick with plenty of pulp. Fluffy, foamy pinkish head that rose quickly and fell even faster, splotchy lace dots ring the top of the glass. After about a minute the head completely disappears, not even a fine line circling the glass is evident. I donít find this repulsive looking, but the lack of any head retention on a light beer with an low ABV is a bit disconcerting. Makes me doubt this will retain any beer-like qualities. S: Mildly spicy clamato juice, tomato juice and clam broth, traces of black pepper, salt and a bare hint of lime. Nothing in the way of any pale macro lager scents. F&T: If you have ever tried Mottís Clamato Juice, then the mouthfeel and taste will be of no surprise to you. The body is oily thick like clamato juice, quite slick on the tongue and the spicy flavor really sticks to the sides of the palate. The fizzy carbonation is the only recognizable Bud Light element this possesses. Any Bud Light tastes that might be detected are completely overwhelmed by the clamato juice. All the mass produced clamato juice flavors are present, tomato juice mixed with peppery Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and spicy clam broth with a dash of lime juice. Towards the end a mineral salty bitterness comes out, adding a touch of dryness to mildly hot clamato juice. My girlfriend pick this up tonight after hearing a work mate talk about having it at a local Crazy Wings. I thought this was going to be awful, but it is actually not that bad. An acquired taste, yes, but worth a try.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Tmoney99 (11070) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 2, 2008
Can from Party Source, Ky. Poured a red color with a minimal white head that diminished quickly and did not leave any lacing. Moderate spicy tomato aroma. Medium body with soft carbonation. Moderate spicy tomato flavor with medium spicy finish of short duration. I have drank a lot of red beers for breakfast when fly fishing and would drink this in a pinch.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
LinusStick (2887) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 24, 2008
Ok....I was expecting lime and salt so when I tasted this I was floored at how bad it was. Now seeing that there is supposed to be a tomato/hot taste to it, it still sucks but not as bad. I really donít like it but it isnít a drainpour. One thing I have to dispute is in the commercial description: "Enjoy the best of both worlds". If Bud Light and Clamato (what the hell is that?) are the best of both worlds my palate must be way off.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAR 15, 2008
HAHA!!! Premixed red beer? Give me a break. Even worse its bud light. I would rather mix my own red beers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 14, 2008
Iíve made my own occasionally, as a hangover cure, but Iíll use a better beer and my own fresh spicy tomato juice concoction, and Iíve never retched...this, however, is just wretched!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
patrick767 (3590) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 10, 2008
16oz can - Pours dark pink with virtually no head, but lots of fizz and fine bits of vegetable pulp. It smells like tomato paste. It tastes like some sort of sweet, salty tomato, only worse. I can taste some lime in there too and that other odd flavor might be the clam. I donít know. Iíve never had clamato. Iíd never even heard of it before this stuff came out, let alone of mixing it with beer. I guess itís not something thatís ever caught on in Indiana. If this "beer" is an example of what happens when you mix clamato and beer, Iím really freaking glad it hasnít caught on much here. Itís awful. They could have at least laid off the salt a little bit. Itís so salty that it makes me thirsty. I fear that the fact that I bought this one and the regular Bud Chelada proves it. Iím a ratings whore. Iíve valiantly struggled through more than half the can, but I canít finish this crap and Iíll finish almost any beer. Then again, calling this beer is a huge stretch.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
hopscotch (9518) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - FEB 28, 2008
Can... VBWT2008... Murky orange/red concoction with a small, fizzy, pinkish head... looks like a red-eye, as it should. Sweet, overripe tomato and shellfish are exhibited in the nose. The flavor is much the same, sans the shellfish, with a cloying sweetness that almost forces my gag reflex to kick in. Moderate, spicy heat. The non-light version didnít seem nearly as cloyingly sweet. Thick, tomato juice mouthfeel with subtle carbonation. Not at all good, but I have to give mucho kudos to Beerlando for having the balls to bring this ďtreatĒ to the Throwdown!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
blueoxen (1) - milan, Illinois, USA - FEB 26, 2008 does not count
A true Bloody Mary loviní fan will be excited to drink this "Bloody Marty" mixer! The blend is just about a perfect mix of beer and clamato. Try this with olives or Franks Red Hot!!!!!