overall
n/a

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 31, 2008
Looks a bit like a fizzy fruit punch. Tall pink head dissipates quickly to a flat looking watered tomato juice with some pulp left on the side. Both this and the regular bud look the same. Tomato and celery aromas. Bloody mary flavors with a little red pepper nip. This has a bit more celery in the flavors than the Bud. No real beer qualities. If you want a bloody on the cheap perhaps this is your savior. Otherwise this in no real brew.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
mkobes (2140) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - JAN 29, 2008
Can thanks to Puzzl. Orange in color with no head. Spicy peppery aroma. Tomato peppery flavor. Salty tasting. Not great.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Shag (2585) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - JAN 25, 2008
This poured a murky pinkish color with litte head. Smells like tomato juice with a hint of black pepper but not as much as I got in the regular Bud Chelada. This just tastes like straight up carbonated tomato juice. Whatever this is better than the regular Bud buy why compare turds. Next time Iíll know better than to buy 2 different gimmicky AB products at the same time!

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.

MaxxDaddy (404) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 50th rating of this beer!!!! Shared by puzzl (thanks?). Poured neon orange out of the monstrous 24 ounce can. No head on this beast. The color really scared me I must admit. Butthat was nothing compared to the stench of this crap. Tomatoes, celery, and salt were the big names; all things that should not be in beer of any kind. I guess there was some clam in there too, but my nostrils were blown out. Taste is horrible as well, more tomatoes, clam and salt. I mean, it drowned out the flavor of bud light, but that wasnít as much of a good thing as one would hope. This just screamed terrible one the palate and finish. I thought i was gonna lose it afer just one sip. How does one complete the arduous task of finishing the whole thing?

Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
cheap (3975) - Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2008 This is one weird beer drinking experience. Red foaming stuff, yet no head. Aroma of hot spicy weird meat or gravy. I have to watch my gag reflex when I swallow. This may be an insult to the word beer. More tomato and less clam, maybe. As far as enjoyability goes, on par with sake but looks prettier. Blah. I must refuse to try the Budweiser version. Simply terrible palate and taste. Almost drinkable if you hold your nose. This was my first ever drain pour after over 1000 beers!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheSponge (342) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - JAN 24, 2008
In the past I mixed beer with Clamato, and it came out much better than this product....so Iím not sure what went wrong. The flavor isnít bad, but it isnít good either. Also, it tastes too fizzy. Pours a reddish-pink, kind of like ruby red grapefruit juice.

graham515 (536) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2008
A sip of this beer was all that I needed to rate this a 0.5. The smell of this beer is weird, the appearance is red, the flavor is vomit inducing. But hey, to each their own

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
jjuf1853 (1232) - Land O Lakes, Florida, USA - JAN 24, 2008
I really enjoy drinking Clamato, V-8, and a good spicy Bloody Mary so when I saw this in the store I said "Why not?" Then I tried it and said "Thatís why not!" Some things just should not be mixed together. This is a perfect example. The pour from the 24 oz. can was interesting as it begins will pure beer followed by more and more Clamato until you finish with this pink concoction. Wasnít a fan of the smell, as it smelled like Clamato that had gone bad. The taste was interesting but after a few sips I was content with my experiment and ready to cleanse my palate with a decent beer.