overall
n/a

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
feedmec00kies (49) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Well... Poured a lovely, grapefruit-juice pink. No, really, it was a nice color, until you think "wait, this is beer." Smells like Clamato (tomato, celery, clams...) and Bud Light (shitty beer, adjuncts, my taste buds dying...). Tastes salty, and like Clamato, with a kick in the finish that screams "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH SON! BUD LIGHT, BABY!" Iíll admit that Clamato on itís own, while sounding pretty nasty, isnít that unappealing to me - I like clams, and I like V8. However, the fizz and off-flavors of Bud Light are not suitable for pairing with... well, hell, I donít think anyone should be mixing Bud Light with anything. What a mess.

0.8
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
dmac (3872) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JAN 20, 2008
24oz can shared with most of the NY/NJ crew thanks to puzzl for this one. No really thank you now I finally have found a beer worse then Edís Cavecreek, didnít think it was possible. Who the hell greenlighted this project? "Hey boss I have an idea." "What is is valued Anheuser-Busch employee." "Letís combine our super awesome Bud Light with some equally delicious Clamato." "Brilliant!! Absolutely brilliant valued employee your future here looks very bright." Somehow I donít think this is what Adolphus Busch had in mind when he founded the evil empire.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
puzzl (3249) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2008
24oz can from Maniac, shared with a good 15 people. Wow, what a beer. I was afraid to even put it in my mouth after smelling it. Pure garlic, celery, tomatoes, all that V8 shit, which I find disgusting in its own right. The flavor was so bad I almost vomited. I kid you not. Iíve never actually had another beer this gross, it kind of makes me want to bump up all my other 0.5 ratings to be more fair to those.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (7682) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2008
Can. Poured light pinkish with fizzy off-white head. The aroma was horrid, with some beery grainy notes coupled with tomato juice and black pepper. I only finished a few ounces of this before drain pouring it, but in those swallows I did detect a very strong black pepper flavor, plus tomato juicy flavor, and thatís why I gave an extra point for flavor and overall, but it was not easy to swallow this. If you like bloody maryís then youíll likely find this one passable, but I donít think it would appeal to anyone else.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
hophead75 (2008) - Largo, Florida, USA - JAN 13, 2008
16 oz can from Beerword of Largo, FL. Light pink in color with a small off white head. Aroma: small clam, salt, and bud light and tomato juice, simply nasty and making me feel ill just smelling it. Taste is not quite as offensive, but still absolutely terrible- watery corny lager, clam, tomato and vomit. drain pour after a couple of sips.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
OldMrCrow (1756) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 12, 2008
24 oz can in Gunnison, Co.

Itís a bad night for beer. Tonight I drank a Steamworks Ale Diablo, perhaps yielding the biggest deficit below expected quality --- and I also tried this one. Which was no surprise; I figured it as a shoe-in for the worst Iíd ever had, I eschewed the regular version for the Bud Light variety, and it did not surprise.

Pours a sickly pink. Aroma makes me want to vomit before the first sip. Even with encouragement from the local peanut gallery I canít get more than three sips into this one. This has nothing to do with beer.

Iíll be astonished if I ever find worse.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bradrcr (806) - Renton, Washington, USA - JAN 6, 2008
1/3/08 From 24oz can. Thought this had far more in common with a bloody mary than I expected. I havenít had a true climato mixed chelada, but this seemed to have a much more V8/vegetable juice character than tomato. Mouthfeel is not as thick as expected, but definitely thicker than a standard light lager, then occompanied by a spritzy, poplike carbonation. Not something Iíd choose to drink on my own.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
shackinetics (132) - Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2008
This is Bud Light + Clamato. Pours pink and foamy and generally tastes of watered down clamato and salt and celery and fizzy crapiness. Palate consists of just generally trying to choke it down. I am now 100% confident that AB can successfully bring absolutely anything to market and people will buy it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pepsican (1438) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - DEC 22, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2010 Pours an unnatural pinkish red with very little head. Tastes and smells like crappy beer, celery, clam juice, pepper, etc. Pretty much like drinking clamato + bud light but without the thickness. I honestly didnít mind this.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Cornfield (5437) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - DEC 18, 2007
Whoever drinks this obviously doesnít care for either beer or Clamato. I like both, although Iím not convinced that Bud Light technically qualifies as a beer. This looks putrid, a dirty pink, cloudy concoction, and has the aroma of salted Clamato and tonic water. It has both the oiliness of Clamato and the over-carbonation of Bud Light. The flavor is neither, but is that of spoiled tomato juice miwed with salt, rotted limes, and dirty well water. It mustíve taken hard work for the testers at Anheuser-Busch to come up with a beverage as noxious as this.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Beverage World, Elmhurst, IL<font size=-1>