overall
n/a

RATINGS: 317   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bradrcr (806) - Renton, Washington, USA - JAN 6, 2008
1/3/08 From 24oz can. Thought this had far more in common with a bloody mary than I expected. I havenít had a true climato mixed chelada, but this seemed to have a much more V8/vegetable juice character than tomato. Mouthfeel is not as thick as expected, but definitely thicker than a standard light lager, then occompanied by a spritzy, poplike carbonation. Not something Iíd choose to drink on my own.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
shackinetics (132) - Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2008
This is Bud Light + Clamato. Pours pink and foamy and generally tastes of watered down clamato and salt and celery and fizzy crapiness. Palate consists of just generally trying to choke it down. I am now 100% confident that AB can successfully bring absolutely anything to market and people will buy it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pepsican (1444) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - DEC 22, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2010 Pours an unnatural pinkish red with very little head. Tastes and smells like crappy beer, celery, clam juice, pepper, etc. Pretty much like drinking clamato + bud light but without the thickness. I honestly didnít mind this.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Cornfield (5473) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - DEC 18, 2007
Whoever drinks this obviously doesnít care for either beer or Clamato. I like both, although Iím not convinced that Bud Light technically qualifies as a beer. This looks putrid, a dirty pink, cloudy concoction, and has the aroma of salted Clamato and tonic water. It has both the oiliness of Clamato and the over-carbonation of Bud Light. The flavor is neither, but is that of spoiled tomato juice miwed with salt, rotted limes, and dirty well water. It mustíve taken hard work for the testers at Anheuser-Busch to come up with a beverage as noxious as this.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Beverage World, Elmhurst, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
fordest (1972) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Wow, Clamato and Beer. Whoída thunk it. And why did they? I couldnít drink the Bud one, but I forced myself to drink this one. It was, however, an acceptable way to ingest some Bud Light at 8:00 in the morning.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ghawener (1457) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - DEC 6, 2007
Can: Just like the Budweiser Chelada but light! A great way to make aweful beer even worse.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Skyview (5172) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2007
Picked up a single 24-oz "silo" at Cellarís Wine & Spirits in St Paul, MN. Pours a dirty red tomato juice with no head. Aroma... Eh Gads! WTF is this? A spicy tomato juice with some salt, lime and a touch of bread malt. All I can say is, "Wow, I could have had a V8." Drain Pour!

exadore (92) - Sacramento, California, USA - NOV 22, 2007
Wow! This is just as horrible as regular Bud and Clamato. Not really surprised after drinking it once, but now Iím curious if Anheuser-Busch will abandon this or pump millions of dollars into advertising it for years.

EKGoldings (526) - Radford, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Yuk, yuk, yuk. (shudder wracks spine). Do I need to say more? Really, this is truly nasty. I think used motor oil would go better with beer than clamato.

Scubatrip (596) - Annandale, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Oh dear God this was terrible! I bought two tall boys at a gas station outside Las Vegas because I thought it was hilarious. The last thing I expected was to see this actually listed on Ratebeer. Well, here goes the rating: From the (tall boy) can, pours like a Bloody Mary--thick, red, ominous. The taste is what can only be described as hilariously awful. My friend and I both took a sip (tis always better to share) and with all my gag-reflex-suppressing strength, choked it down. We each spent the next two minutes cursing each other for making the other drink it, until his girlfriend came in, and we attempted to pretend it wasnít that bad to make her try it. She did, (misery loves company), which resulted in a similar reaction. To prove it wasnít terrible, or perhaps hoping to believe the second sip woulndít be as wretched as the first, we each took another sip, spat it out, poured the rest down the drain, and fought over who had the bottle of Jack, trying to get the taste out of our mouths. I donít know what A-B exec was smoking/drinking/huffing what drug to approve this, but it is just God-awful.