RATINGS: 339   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 50th rating of this beer!!!! Shared by puzzl (thanks?). Poured neon orange out of the monstrous 24 ounce can. No head on this beast. The color really scared me I must admit. Butthat was nothing compared to the stench of this crap. Tomatoes, celery, and salt were the big names; all things that should not be in beer of any kind. I guess there was some clam in there too, but my nostrils were blown out. Taste is horrible as well, more tomatoes, clam and salt. I mean, it drowned out the flavor of bud light, but that wasnít as much of a good thing as one would hope. This just screamed terrible one the palate and finish. I thought i was gonna lose it afer just one sip. How does one complete the arduous task of finishing the whole thing?

Dickinsonbeer (5075) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
cheap (4750) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2008 This is one weird beer drinking experience. Red foaming stuff, yet no head. Aroma of hot spicy weird meat or gravy. I have to watch my gag reflex when I swallow. This may be an insult to the word beer. More tomato and less clam, maybe. As far as enjoyability goes, on par with sake but looks prettier. Blah. I must refuse to try the Budweiser version. Simply terrible palate and taste. Almost drinkable if you hold your nose. This was my first ever drain pour after over 1000 beers!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheSponge (342) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - JAN 24, 2008
In the past I mixed beer with Clamato, and it came out much better than this product....so Iím not sure what went wrong. The flavor isnít bad, but it isnít good either. Also, it tastes too fizzy. Pours a reddish-pink, kind of like ruby red grapefruit juice.

graham515 (537) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2008
A sip of this beer was all that I needed to rate this a 0.5. The smell of this beer is weird, the appearance is red, the flavor is vomit inducing. But hey, to each their own

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
jjuf1853 (1290) - Land O Lakes, Florida, USA - JAN 24, 2008
I really enjoy drinking Clamato, V-8, and a good spicy Bloody Mary so when I saw this in the store I said "Why not?" Then I tried it and said "Thatís why not!" Some things just should not be mixed together. This is a perfect example. The pour from the 24 oz. can was interesting as it begins will pure beer followed by more and more Clamato until you finish with this pink concoction. Wasnít a fan of the smell, as it smelled like Clamato that had gone bad. The taste was interesting but after a few sips I was content with my experiment and ready to cleanse my palate with a decent beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
feedmec00kies (49) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Well... Poured a lovely, grapefruit-juice pink. No, really, it was a nice color, until you think "wait, this is beer." Smells like Clamato (tomato, celery, clams...) and Bud Light (shitty beer, adjuncts, my taste buds dying...). Tastes salty, and like Clamato, with a kick in the finish that screams "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH SON! BUD LIGHT, BABY!" Iíll admit that Clamato on itís own, while sounding pretty nasty, isnít that unappealing to me - I like clams, and I like V8. However, the fizz and off-flavors of Bud Light are not suitable for pairing with... well, hell, I donít think anyone should be mixing Bud Light with anything. What a mess.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
dmac (4956) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JAN 20, 2008
24oz can shared with most of the NY/NJ crew thanks to puzzl for this one. No really thank you now I finally have found a beer worse then Edís Cavecreek, didnít think it was possible. Who the hell greenlighted this project? "Hey boss I have an idea." "What is is valued Anheuser-Busch employee." "Letís combine our super awesome Bud Light with some equally delicious Clamato." "Brilliant!! Absolutely brilliant valued employee your future here looks very bright." Somehow I donít think this is what Adolphus Busch had in mind when he founded the evil empire.

puzzl (3257) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2008
24oz can from Maniac, shared with a good 15 people. Wow, what a beer. I was afraid to even put it in my mouth after smelling it. Pure garlic, celery, tomatoes, all that V8 shit, which I find disgusting in its own right. The flavor was so bad I almost vomited. I kid you not. Iíve never actually had another beer this gross, it kind of makes me want to bump up all my other 0.5 ratings to be more fair to those.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (8798) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2008
Can. Poured light pinkish with fizzy off-white head. The aroma was horrid, with some beery grainy notes coupled with tomato juice and black pepper. I only finished a few ounces of this before drain pouring it, but in those swallows I did detect a very strong black pepper flavor, plus tomato juicy flavor, and thatís why I gave an extra point for flavor and overall, but it was not easy to swallow this. If you like bloody maryís then youíll likely find this one passable, but I donít think it would appeal to anyone else.