overall
n/a

RATINGS: 347   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
j12601 (9550) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Can that I brought to BCTC more as a joke and a threat than anything else. There was for a while a standing bet which rose sporadically through the night for anyone who would shotgun the can of this. Iím slightly sad no one did, because it would have spared me the inevitable horror that was to come. At some point some brave, stupid, or unsuspecting individual (maybe all three?) did the deed and cracked the tab on this bold beauty and the game was afoot. Pours a hazy orange red with floaty chunks in it. I probably should be giving this a 1 on appearance over a 2, but Iím sure I could envision something actually looking less appealing than this. Iím pretty sure it would have to have larger chunks, and theyíd need to move of their own volition, but something could look worse. Same thing with the aroma. I could theoretically hypothesize a beer or beer like product, which could in fact, smell worse than this. It would be a badge of (dis)honor to do so, but it could be done. As it was, this smelled like tomatoes, and bile. I had to suppress a dry heave or two every time I brought the glass up to my nose to cautiously take another whiff of it. It honestly took me about 10 to 15 minutes of walking around in terror before I could muster up the courage to put any of this into my mouth. When I did it came flying back out, and threatened to take my stomach contents with it. I fought hard to fight back the urge to vomit. Even managed to try another taste of it. Tasted even worse than it smelled. Horrible. Downright horrible. This will be the beer of my nightmares for years to come. So with my apologies to Breughel La Gueuze de Kamouraska (a terror in itís own right, and quite honestly the worst thing to ever pass for a Gueuze) for itís displacement from the bottom, it seems I have a new low point on my ratings scale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jercraigs (9537) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2014
2014-08-16. Hazy orangey pink body with a small off white head. Aroma of tomatoes, with a hint of spice? Flavour is similar, tomato with notes of spice and lemon. Smooth average to light bodied palate, soft carbonation. Not at all to my tastes. Can at Campground Brewdown

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (9504) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2008
Can. Poured light pinkish with fizzy off-white head. The aroma was horrid, with some beery grainy notes coupled with tomato juice and black pepper. I only finished a few ounces of this before drain pouring it, but in those swallows I did detect a very strong black pepper flavor, plus tomato juicy flavor, and thatís why I gave an extra point for flavor and overall, but it was not easy to swallow this. If you like bloody maryís then youíll likely find this one passable, but I donít think it would appeal to anyone else.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
slowrunner77 (9428) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 24, 2014
"took the plunge with bothe versions tonight. the aroma was horrid...made me wretch. skunky bud light, peppery stale tomato and clam? horrid. the odd coral colored body was overly carbonated to the point of stomach bloating. the flavor of the light version is "less repulsive" since itís thinner. bad clam finish, complete with heartburn."

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BVery (9298) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - NOV 28, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2013 Can. Pinkish pour with no head. Aroma and taste is tomato, clam juice, and celery salt. Like a very thin bloody mary, but with an odd tinge to it. Giving them a little credit for trying something different.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
arminjewell (9237) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 17, 2011
Finally got to try this...from a guy who likes it, so I didnít have to buy it. It really resembles a watered down tomato juice drink with a bit of spices here or there, and the bud light I think really just adds some carbonation and the alcohol. It wasnít terrible, but if Iím going to have a bloody mary this wonít be my choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - AUG 16, 2010
From the Can at Chris Oís pre GBBF tasting, Kensal Rise 31/07/2010 Fishy aroma. Pink oranged coloured and hazy in appearance with a hint of dryness in a spicy chilli finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DuffMan (9027) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 2, 2014
Tiny can, found in my neighbours fridge. Is Clamato a distinctly Canadian thing? I know the Caesar is-- Americans have the Bloody Mary, which is not as savoury IMO. Anyway, I really expected to hate this, wanted to hate it! But I actually didnít mind it at all. To be fair, it was like drinking a cold can of Clamato with just an underlying hint of lager beer, but it was tasty. I had another. Iím ashamed and feel dirty. Iím going to sit in the shower and cry now.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
phaleslu (9021) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 20, 2009
Tried from a 24 oz. can a buddy picked up at a gas station on a road trip. Looks like expired tomato juice- a nasty, foggy reddish color. Smells like cheap tomato juice with a lot of salt, some artificial vegetable spices, and a foul odor that must be whatever else is in clam juice besides salt- almost like the leftover fluid in a defrosted bag of shrimp. The flavor is a tamato juice base, and salty, skunky, and spicy. Nauseating. I could never figure out why anyone would want to mix tomato and clam juice, let alone mix that concoction with beer. Iím curious as to how this is selling. Who buys this other than people satisfying morbid curiosity? Iíve never encountered anyone who takes Clamato, let alone Chelada, seriously. Iím still going to give this an extra point for that "what the hell?" factor.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
sebletitje (8957) - Enghien, BELGIUM - JUL 26, 2009
Need to give it the benefit of the doubt. can, pours hazy orange/pink, light pinkish head. Not sure where this one fits in beer style. The light version had less beer notes compared to the regular Bud. overall aroma and taste, clam juice with salt, fresh lemon and tomato. More like a premixed drink, just had vodka and Tabasco and you have a Bloody Mary. Just fun to drink and see you beer geek friends frown at you.