overall
n/a

RATINGS: 314   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Scopey (6661) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 5, 2012
Can at Chrisoís Fullers-Gales Tasting, thanks to Leighton. It pours cloudy deep orange, with pretty much no head. The nose is tomato, spice, salt and green vegetables. The taste is (unsurprisingly) sweet tomato, salt, cracked black pepper and chilli pepper. The best thing is that you canít taste the bud light. Itís a lot like bloody mary mix, so we just added some vodka and Worcestershire sauce to liven it up. Not as bad as anticipated (but then again I do like bloody marys).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
sebletitje (6624) - Enghien, BELGIUM - JUL 26, 2009
Need to give it the benefit of the doubt. can, pours hazy orange/pink, light pinkish head. Not sure where this one fits in beer style. The light version had less beer notes compared to the regular Bud. overall aroma and taste, clam juice with salt, fresh lemon and tomato. More like a premixed drink, just had vodka and Tabasco and you have a Bloody Mary. Just fun to drink and see you beer geek friends frown at you.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
deyholla (6595) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 21, 2010
Can. Terrible! Totally lives up to the hype! Poured a pinkish red with a bubbly white head. Aroma was full of fish, tomato and made me gag. The flavor didnít disappoint either with a terrible combo of bud light, tomato and fish. Absolutely terrible, worst beer ever!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
j12601 (6584) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Can that I brought to BCTC more as a joke and a threat than anything else. There was for a while a standing bet which rose sporadically through the night for anyone who would shotgun the can of this. Iím slightly sad no one did, because it would have spared me the inevitable horror that was to come. At some point some brave, stupid, or unsuspecting individual (maybe all three?) did the deed and cracked the tab on this bold beauty and the game was afoot. Pours a hazy orange red with floaty chunks in it. I probably should be giving this a 1 on appearance over a 2, but Iím sure I could envision something actually looking less appealing than this. Iím pretty sure it would have to have larger chunks, and theyíd need to move of their own volition, but something could look worse. Same thing with the aroma. I could theoretically hypothesize a beer or beer like product, which could in fact, smell worse than this. It would be a badge of (dis)honor to do so, but it could be done. As it was, this smelled like tomatoes, and bile. I had to suppress a dry heave or two every time I brought the glass up to my nose to cautiously take another whiff of it. It honestly took me about 10 to 15 minutes of walking around in terror before I could muster up the courage to put any of this into my mouth. When I did it came flying back out, and threatened to take my stomach contents with it. I fought hard to fight back the urge to vomit. Even managed to try another taste of it. Tasted even worse than it smelled. Horrible. Downright horrible. This will be the beer of my nightmares for years to come. So with my apologies to Breughel La Gueuze de Kamouraska (a terror in itís own right, and quite honestly the worst thing to ever pass for a Gueuze) for itís displacement from the bottom, it seems I have a new low point on my ratings scale.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
phaleslu (6349) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 20, 2009
Tried from a 24 oz. can a buddy picked up at a gas station on a road trip. Looks like expired tomato juice- a nasty, foggy reddish color. Smells like cheap tomato juice with a lot of salt, some artificial vegetable spices, and a foul odor that must be whatever else is in clam juice besides salt- almost like the leftover fluid in a defrosted bag of shrimp. The flavor is a tamato juice base, and salty, skunky, and spicy. Nauseating. I could never figure out why anyone would want to mix tomato and clam juice, let alone mix that concoction with beer. Iím curious as to how this is selling. Who buys this other than people satisfying morbid curiosity? Iíve never encountered anyone who takes Clamato, let alone Chelada, seriously. Iím still going to give this an extra point for that "what the hell?" factor.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
DrSilverworm (6288) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2012
24oz can, purchased from the CVS on OUís campus. Totally hazy raspberry color, lots of tomato juice particles in the body. Thin head that fades to minimal before I could tell what color it was. Strong, bloody mary mix flavor, thatís all that is there. I shared this with my college senior macro-drinking friends, and they HATED it, seemingly even more than I did (personally, Iím usually sort of a bloody mary fan). They are urging me to score this very poorly, but I feel like they are exaggerating a little bit. I guess if all you drink is busch and the occasional craft on special occasions, sure, this will probably be the worst thing youíve ever tried. Donít get me wrong, though, itís certainly awful. Jimmy: "Hardest struggle Iíve had since straight hard liquor". Sweet tomato juice taste that isnít drinkable at all without the rest of the goodness that usually comprises a bloody mary. Who would drink 24oz of this? Iím not sure I could even finish my 8oz sample. Annie: "How did this make it beyond the experimental phase?" Very light carbonation, spicy taste. Andy: "Like a shot, but without the alcohol." Clearly, they donít like it. Pretty much tastes like expired tomato juice. Honestly, Iím not even sure if you can call this real beer. An addition of liquor might even make it slightly better. Drinking this was a miserable experience, but hey.. At least, now I know.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Ernest (6187) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Can. Head is initially small, fizzy/frothy, light pink, fully diminishing. Body is murky medium pinkish-amber. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), with notes of tomato juice and other vegetables, metal. Flavor is moderately sweet, moderately acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately acidic, lightly bitter, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. I almost choked upon swallowing. The smell is kind of like bile/vomit. Bear in mind I donít like tomato juice or clamato, but still...this is like a nightmare in both aroma and flavor. And I have a can of the regular Bud Chelada still yet to rate, *shudder*.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
arminjewell (6156) - Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA - OCT 17, 2011
Finally got to try this...from a guy who likes it, so I didnít have to buy it. It really resembles a watered down tomato juice drink with a bit of spices here or there, and the bud light I think really just adds some carbonation and the alcohol. It wasnít terrible, but if Iím going to have a bloody mary this wonít be my choice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BVery (6081) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - NOV 28, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2013 Can. Pinkish pour with no head. Aroma and taste is tomato, clam juice, and celery salt. Like a very thin bloody mary, but with an odd tinge to it. Giving them a little credit for trying something different.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
blutt59 (6004) - Dallas, Texas, USA - FEB 13, 2010
Bilingual can, almost pink grapefruit color, no foam, aromas of tomato juice and salt, flavors of salty tomato juice with some tabasco,