overall
n/a

RATINGS: 318   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Cornfield (5473) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - DEC 18, 2007
Whoever drinks this obviously doesnít care for either beer or Clamato. I like both, although Iím not convinced that Bud Light technically qualifies as a beer. This looks putrid, a dirty pink, cloudy concoction, and has the aroma of salted Clamato and tonic water. It has both the oiliness of Clamato and the over-carbonation of Bud Light. The flavor is neither, but is that of spoiled tomato juice miwed with salt, rotted limes, and dirty well water. It mustíve taken hard work for the testers at Anheuser-Busch to come up with a beverage as noxious as this.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Beverage World, Elmhurst, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BŁckDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - FEB 16, 2008
24oz Can: Ok, first off, why do I have to buy a tall boy of this? I thought the idea was; one red beer to take just enough edge off to drive down to Taco Bell and get a chalupa, then sleep a few hours and youíre ready for another night of coke and hookers? I mean, I donít mind the light lemony flavor with thick mucusy clamato in small quantities, but to force me to pay nearly the same amount as I would for a decent micro bomber is inconceivable. Iím glad the percentage is ZERO on this one. Thereís no lower to go and Iím certainly not helping it out any either. I love the novelty, I love the idea of having a shelf-stable red-beer-in-a-can collecting vegetable particles in the back of my fridge, always ready to lift me back up after a long night gone wrong. Alas, Iíd rather just have regular breakfast and coffee. Sorry Light Chelada, but even on the rare occasion that I would want you, I would probably reach for a regular bud chelada, Iím not really watching my calories when it comes to my hangover remedies.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mabel (5414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 20, 2009
[2410-20090801] Can. Tomato water aroma. Hazy, light pink red body with no head. Tastes like spicy tomato water and lingers on the spicy. Medium body. Wow -- but in that horrible wow way.
(w/ others @ BCTC; Cooperstown, NY)

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Skyview (5183) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2007
Picked up a single 24-oz "silo" at Cellarís Wine & Spirits in St Paul, MN. Pours a dirty red tomato juice with no head. Aroma... Eh Gads! WTF is this? A spicy tomato juice with some salt, lime and a touch of bread malt. All I can say is, "Wow, I could have had a V8." Drain Pour!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Suttree (5134) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 17, 2008
Oh God, this is horrible. But I guess if youíve ever drank a Bud light and thought, "Man, this is OK, but it really needs more clam juice", then I suppose this is the beer for you.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
heemer77 (5100) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - FEB 12, 2008
I had heard that this was worse than Bud Chelada. The body is mostly pink but looks murky blood ornage red with less light. The aroma is fresh corn on the cob with tomato juice. Strange indeed. The taste has some light Clamato with a metallic finish. You can barely even detect any beer in this. Maybe a little bit of corn.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 31, 2008
Looks a bit like a fizzy fruit punch. Tall pink head dissipates quickly to a flat looking watered tomato juice with some pulp left on the side. Both this and the regular bud look the same. Tomato and celery aromas. Bloody mary flavors with a little red pepper nip. This has a bit more celery in the flavors than the Bud. No real beer qualities. If you want a bloody on the cheap perhaps this is your savior. Otherwise this in no real brew.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
JaBier (4854) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - MAR 6, 2012
Can shared by a friend at the Hopsnobbery Collectiveís first (and last) Crappy Beer Tasting on 2/29/12. Pours a clear gold color with a thin white head. Aroma of cold spaghetti sauce and spoiled nastiness. Salty flavor with a tomato ketchup character before a salty tomato finish. Pretty much tastes like ocean water and cold ketchup. Group consensus crowned this gem with the prestigious title of worst beer ever. Close 2nd for yours truly.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mar (4825) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 7, 2011
Ummmm testing my gag refelx, almost puked. Salt, thatís all I good get past.