overall
n/a

RATINGS: 342   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

Dickinsonbeer (5075) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 50th rating of this beer!!!! Shared by puzzl (thanks?). Poured neon orange out of the monstrous 24 ounce can. No head on this beast. The color really scared me I must admit. Butthat was nothing compared to the stench of this crap. Tomatoes, celery, and salt were the big names; all things that should not be in beer of any kind. I guess there was some clam in there too, but my nostrils were blown out. Taste is horrible as well, more tomatoes, clam and salt. I mean, it drowned out the flavor of bud light, but that wasnít as much of a good thing as one would hope. This just screamed terrible one the palate and finish. I thought i was gonna lose it afer just one sip. How does one complete the arduous task of finishing the whole thing?

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.

Ernest (7029) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Can. Head is initially small, fizzy/frothy, light pink, fully diminishing. Body is murky medium pinkish-amber. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), with notes of tomato juice and other vegetables, metal. Flavor is moderately sweet, moderately acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately acidic, lightly bitter, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. I almost choked upon swallowing. The smell is kind of like bile/vomit. Bear in mind I donít like tomato juice or clamato, but still...this is like a nightmare in both aroma and flavor. And I have a can of the regular Bud Chelada still yet to rate, *shudder*.

hopdog (10472) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2008
24oz can. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when this one was conceived. I picture, just like the peanut butter cup add, someone walking around the corner with a bud light and someone with a can of clamato juice. They bump into each other. Hey, you got bud light in myclamato juice. Hey, you got clamato juice in my bud light. They both take a taste and the Chelada was born. This one was absolute crap.

axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 18, 2008
Best of both worlds!?!?!? Looked like red grapefruit juice with some bigger soad-bubbles. Smelled and tasted like salty tomatos and limes with an annoying PUKE taste that really seems to balance it out. I am forever in debt to Hopdog for sharing this super wonderful gem!!

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAR 15, 2008
HAHA!!! Premixed red beer? Give me a break. Even worse its bud light. I would rather mix my own red beers.

MrRain (472) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 13, 2008
Sweet Mother Of God. This is the worst swill Iíve ever laid my lips on. 24oz can poured into a shaker. Iíve never understood the idea of "drain-pour". I mean, actually pour a beer down the drain? It would have to be REALLY bad. Now I understand. This is horrible. It smells like tomato juice and mineral water. It tastes like tomato juice and... I donít know... itís BAD.

ThaBobfather (178) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 25, 2008
I believe that a .5 is the lowest you can rate a beer. This is the worst thing thatís ever passed my lips. Maybe if I cooked with it and used it as pizza or sqagetti sauce it would be ok. Itís as if someone said, lets add a shot of vodka to clam/tomato juice and see if anyone will drink it. After tasting it, I immediately threw it at my neighbors cat. Sometimes I ask random people if that have clamidia. Now I ask, does your Bud Light has Chelada? (cause itís the same thing)

arventresca (567) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 27, 2008
Bottle. Pours red. Smells like loose shit. Looks and taste like a bloody mary puked its guts out. Donít know why this was ever made and for that fact why it ever made the market. I feel like less of a man for trying this shit. First beer that I literally dumped after two sips. Please get this stuff over the market.