RATINGS: 348   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

Scubatrip (610) - Annandale, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Oh dear God this was terrible! I bought two tall boys at a gas station outside Las Vegas because I thought it was hilarious. The last thing I expected was to see this actually listed on Ratebeer. Well, here goes the rating: From the (tall boy) can, pours like a Bloody Mary--thick, red, ominous. The taste is what can only be described as hilariously awful. My friend and I both took a sip (tis always better to share) and with all my gag-reflex-suppressing strength, choked it down. We each spent the next two minutes cursing each other for making the other drink it, until his girlfriend came in, and we attempted to pretend it wasnít that bad to make her try it. She did, (misery loves company), which resulted in a similar reaction. To prove it wasnít terrible, or perhaps hoping to believe the second sip woulndít be as wretched as the first, we each took another sip, spat it out, poured the rest down the drain, and fought over who had the bottle of Jack, trying to get the taste out of our mouths. I donít know what A-B exec was smoking/drinking/huffing what drug to approve this, but it is just God-awful.

EKGoldings (636) - Radford, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Yuk, yuk, yuk. (shudder wracks spine). Do I need to say more? Really, this is truly nasty. I think used motor oil would go better with beer than clamato.

exadore (92) - Sacramento, California, USA - NOV 22, 2007
Wow! This is just as horrible as regular Bud and Clamato. Not really surprised after drinking it once, but now Iím curious if Anheuser-Busch will abandon this or pump millions of dollars into advertising it for years.

OldMrCrow (2413) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 12, 2008
24 oz can in Gunnison, Co.

Itís a bad night for beer. Tonight I drank a Steamworks Ale Diablo, perhaps yielding the biggest deficit below expected quality --- and I also tried this one. Which was no surprise; I figured it as a shoe-in for the worst Iíd ever had, I eschewed the regular version for the Bud Light variety, and it did not surprise.

Pours a sickly pink. Aroma makes me want to vomit before the first sip. Even with encouragement from the local peanut gallery I canít get more than three sips into this one. This has nothing to do with beer.

Iíll be astonished if I ever find worse.

puzzl (3259) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2008
24oz can from Maniac, shared with a good 15 people. Wow, what a beer. I was afraid to even put it in my mouth after smelling it. Pure garlic, celery, tomatoes, all that V8 shit, which I find disgusting in its own right. The flavor was so bad I almost vomited. I kid you not. Iíve never actually had another beer this gross, it kind of makes me want to bump up all my other 0.5 ratings to be more fair to those.

graham515 (537) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2008
A sip of this beer was all that I needed to rate this a 0.5. The smell of this beer is weird, the appearance is red, the flavor is vomit inducing. But hey, to each their own

Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 50th rating of this beer!!!! Shared by puzzl (thanks?). Poured neon orange out of the monstrous 24 ounce can. No head on this beast. The color really scared me I must admit. Butthat was nothing compared to the stench of this crap. Tomatoes, celery, and salt were the big names; all things that should not be in beer of any kind. I guess there was some clam in there too, but my nostrils were blown out. Taste is horrible as well, more tomatoes, clam and salt. I mean, it drowned out the flavor of bud light, but that wasnít as much of a good thing as one would hope. This just screamed terrible one the palate and finish. I thought i was gonna lose it afer just one sip. How does one complete the arduous task of finishing the whole thing?

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.

Ernest (7344) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Can. Head is initially small, fizzy/frothy, light pink, fully diminishing. Body is murky medium pinkish-amber. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), with notes of tomato juice and other vegetables, metal. Flavor is moderately sweet, moderately acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately acidic, lightly bitter, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. I almost choked upon swallowing. The smell is kind of like bile/vomit. Bear in mind I donít like tomato juice or clamato, but still...this is like a nightmare in both aroma and flavor. And I have a can of the regular Bud Chelada still yet to rate, *shudder*.