overall
n/a

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

nickd717 (3465) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 21, 2010
Tallboy can from Chavez Supermarket. Bought this out of morbid curiosity, and it was everything I thought it would be. Pours a hazy pinkish color with a rapidly disintegrating white head. Makes a sound as it fades, almost like pop rocks. Leaves some really weird residue on the glass. Aroma is awful. Tomato, salt, lime, and clam. Yes, the clam is noticeable. Flavor starts off not terrible, with tomato, lime, salt and crappy adjunct lager. Then the aftertaste hits you like a mack truck in the face. What is it? I really canít tell you. All I know is that itís plasticky and disgusting. Maybe rotting cellophane soaked in clam juice? Light and boring on the palate with salty dryness. This is sickening and very hard to drink. I didnít think this could be worse than the Indian Wells beers I recently had, but it was. This beer fails so badly in so many ways that itís utterly mind-blowing. This is the epitome of a perfect low score. Congrats, Anheuser-Busch, you did it!

deyholla (6503) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 21, 2010
Can. Terrible! Totally lives up to the hype! Poured a pinkish red with a bubbly white head. Aroma was full of fish, tomato and made me gag. The flavor didnít disappoint either with a terrible combo of bud light, tomato and fish. Absolutely terrible, worst beer ever!

kpresley77 (145) - Jackson, Georgia, USA - MAR 25, 2010
I hate to beat a dead horse but I only tried it because one of my friends bought a 4 pack and had 3 left and gave me one. I drank poured out about 15.8 ounces of a 16 ounce can. Its that good.

planky84 (1930) - , Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 4, 2010
Can at Chris Oís íRaise the Roofí tasting. Cloudy, orange-red pour. Tomato and fish nose. Pilchards and tomato flavours. Fucking awful! Apparently the Latin Americans love this stuff, they also love other classics like Sol and Corona...nuff said.

Chad9976 (1135) - Albany, New York, USA - SEP 17, 2010
24oz can bought from Wal-Mart for $1.97. What a rip-off Appearance: dark pinkish red, extremely hazy. Some head but it fizzles away fast like a soda. Aroma: fish and salt with a slight hint of Bud Light. Taste: This may be the worst thing I have ever intentionally put in my mouth. The best way to describe it would be puke in a can. It literally tastes like vomit mixed with ocean water. I could only drink about 6 of the 24oz and had to dump it. It left me feeling queezy. Just THINKING about it makes me nauseous. Ugh. Mouthfeel: ever gone to the ocean and accidentally opened your mouth when a wave crashed on you? Itís kinda of like that, only you did it on purpose. Drinkability: UNDRINKABLE. MAYBE if this came in a bottle and you stuck a lime in the neck like Corona is MIGHT be drinkable, but itís so terrible Iíd bet a lot of cash no one can finish an entire 24oz can of this. This is quite possibly the stupidest idea in the history of consumer goods. Clamato by itself is already a dumb idea (I mean - tomato juice infused with clam broth? WTF?!) To add Bud Light to it plus salt and lime is pure torture. I cannot believe this beer-ish product is still being produced. Who the hell drinks this crap!?

DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - OCT 8, 2010
I wish I could give this a negative rating. It tastes like... well, most guys know what Iím about to say...

otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 23, 2010
Let it be said right here and now: if you like the Bud Light & Clamato Chelada, there is something seriously wrong with you and therapy needs to be instigated immediately. This uniquely disgusting bastardization of what in its original form is actually a decent beer cocktail needs to cease and desist. No questions asked. None are needed. Just make it so.

It pours a pink grapefruit hue that in, letís say, a pure Kriek Lambic would be delightfully inspiring, but in the Bud Light Clamato Chelada it is an omen of impending doom. No head. Maybe a meager white collar, though I donít know why. I swirl my glass which fuzzes a bit on top and then fades into nothing. Unfortunately, in swirling his disturbingly pink depths I release a maelstrom of rotten tomato paste and soggy herbs intent on imminent tastebud destruction. I obviously need a sanity check since I am willfully releasing this beast of despair upon my person. Is there a doctor in the house? Spice, tomato, and lemon drown in cold tomato soup with rosemary, basil, and clove gasping for air and failing. The light is fading fast and I have to pull back to keep myself from blacking out. Amazingly, I regain my grip on consciousness, but in doing so find my tasting glass fast approaching lips quivering in fear andÖthen darkness descends once more. Ugh! Let me say it again. Ugh! A thick pasty mouthfeel reeks of dank tomato paste while the back of my throat burns with pepper and soggy herbs. In no way do I relish in its long finish of herbs and more tomato paste. The only presence of clams in the Clamato is an added saltiness which permeates his pasty presence. Lemon zaps the top of my tongue as if to bring it back to life which my tongue smartly ignores. Soggy, pasty, and unfortunately herbal and peppery, I taste once more before putting an end to this tortuous escapade in beer bastardization.

Iíll savor a beer cocktail any day. The Bud Light Clamato Chelada on the other hand is not a beer nor a cocktail nor anything worth coming within 100 light years of my palate. Even now, the nightmares lurk and the mere thought is enough to set the stomach reeling.

JohnMan (102) - Illinois, USA - DEC 24, 2010
Why canít I rate this beer lower than the scores given? This was so horrible. It was as if I had to drink fishy carbonated tomato water with the consistency of old crusty pervert spit. Absolutely disgusting.

mar (4784) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 7, 2011
Ummmm testing my gag refelx, almost puked. Salt, thatís all I good get past.

alobar (2730) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2011
The creation of this beer was clearly done by sadists who have nothing but contempt for their customers. The closest thing Iíve ever put IN my mouth that tasted like vomit. Anyone who actually finishes a can of this must have an unparalleled self-loathing.