overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 217   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.95   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Margaritas, the classic summer cocktail, are getting a fresh twist this summer with today’s national launch of Bud Light Lime Lime-a-Rita, the latest addition to the growing Bud Light portfolio. Blending the flavor of an authentic margarita with a refreshing splash of Bud Light Lime, Lime-a-Rita is an 8%* ABV margarita-flavored alcohol beverage that meets a growing demand among adult drinkers seeking sweeter alternatives.

morgrett's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
morgrett (20) - - APR 26, 2013
This is the sweetest beverage I think I have ever had. Seriously. Color: pale yellow kinda like lemonade. Smell: very sweet, lime, alcohol. the sweetness overpowers. Taste: very sweet with lime and beer. Again, the sweet sugar taste overpowers the lime although noticeably present. Aftertaste: sweet with some sour notes to finish. Would be better served with shaved ice or on the rocks as opposed to out of the can. Some water to dilute the sugar concoction definitely helps.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
nakedwhendrunk (2196) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - SEP 2, 2014
Poured into a pint glass and a wine glass, there wasn’t any difference between the two. The appearance was a semi-clear slightly golden to yellow color with a bubbly white head. The smell had a sharp lime aroma to I. The taste was a stinging sharp lime with a light apple going amuk. On the palate, this sat extremely light and extremely sessionable. What carbonation - no where to be seen. Overall, this wasn’t exactly a fruit beer I’d come back to. but hey, if you like beers that aren’t exactly hoppy and somewhat sugary maybe fruity well this one’s for you

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ordybill (101) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2014
Poured from a can into a beer mug. Looks like a lemonade with very little resemblance to beer. Has a very strong aroma of fruit. Taste is overwhelmingly sweet with a small hint of beer (mostly in the aftertaste). Not a very good drink for me.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Reimer96 (1273) - Alberta, CANADA - AUG 25, 2014
Well this is good to get some booze into you or make a mock non slushy bulldog when all your friend has to offer you is a Corona and this. Sweet!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
keanex (1476) - Atco, New Jersey, USA - AUG 25, 2014
Can.
Appearance: Hazy golden body with a quickly dissolving white head. Looks like a margarita.
Aroma: Lime and booze, smells like a margarita.
Taste: Sweet and limey with a boozy bite.
Palate: Medium bodied, moderately carbonated.
Overall: It is what it is. It’s not a beer it’s a canned cocktail. It really shouldn’t be on this site. I’m not a big margarita guy but the ones I’ve had haven’t tasted far off from this, so they did their job right.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Metalchopz (2317) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 11, 2014
Tried a 12-pack of these when they came out in Quebec, now having them in Maine (as well as a few others in their mixed pack). Looks like lemonade with a fizzy head that disappears instantly. Big lime nose with the alcohol. Sweet tasting with the citrus and notes of honey. A little to sweet overall, but goes down nicely from the can, cold, on a hot summer day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
60minuteman (788) - Frazer, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2014
A sweeter alternative indeed. Sugar, lime, sugar, and lime. It will get you drunk...on sugar? Headache is a compliment. Intense beverage.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Tricker (283) - Quebec, CANADA - JUL 27, 2014
Bière de 8 % d’alcool. Blonde très pâle, elle possède un odorat d’alcool très forte et citronné. Aucun col au versement. Elle possède un goût sucré et amer simultanément, caractéristique d’un margarita. Très bonne, rafraichissante !

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
ContemplateBeer (1548) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JUL 19, 2014
So... I bought this. Knowingly. With my own money. Drank from the 8 oz. can at the Lawrenceburg Speedway on the occasion of their annual demolition derby "Night of Destruction." Aroma: Reminds me of the cheap half priced margaritas from LaFinca in Morehead, KY. Fairly salty, lemon-related smell. Appearance: See picture to your left. Flavor: Mostly matched the nose; kinda astringent and alcohol-heavy without being added to ice, like drinking straight margarita mix. Palate: Light body, slick texture, lively carbonation, astringent finish. Overall: Fairly poor margarita substitute. Just made me want the real thing (or a real beer).

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
radagast83 (4748) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - JUL 16, 2014
Tiny can, what is this - 8 oz? Poured a yellow color which briefly reminded me of Hi-C Ecto Cooler, just a for a quick moment - not very radioactive colored though. Medium sized white head. Aroma was pretty much just margarita notes, some salt and a touch of artificial lime juice. Flavor about the same. Pretty unappetizing. How hard is it to just make a margarita?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dlihcsnatas (304) - Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2014
I have had other lime beers and so called margarita flavored beers but they taste like beer with a shot of lime juice. OK so this doesn’t taste like beer but for me that is a good thing. I love a good margarita in the summer and after so many flops in this genre of beers I had my doubts this would be any good. WOW! was I surprised by this one. It is the same lime juice color as I have come to expect from a real margarita. Has the right aroma too. The taste, well if I didn’t know better I would think that I am drinking a real margarita from a salt rimmed glass. This is about as close to having a margarita as you can get without the Tequila. Best part is that I don’t have to squeeze a bunch of limes or salt up a glass for this. I can just pop it open and enjoy. Had been looking at this one for a long time and just couldn’t seem to bring myself to try it. Grabbed one from a gas station while on a road trip just because they had them on display and now I am mad at myself for not trying this sooner. This is now on my top pick for too hot for anything other than the pool and a margarita day.