overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 217   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.95   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Margaritas, the classic summer cocktail, are getting a fresh twist this summer with today’s national launch of Bud Light Lime Lime-a-Rita, the latest addition to the growing Bud Light portfolio. Blending the flavor of an authentic margarita with a refreshing splash of Bud Light Lime, Lime-a-Rita is an 8%* ABV margarita-flavored alcohol beverage that meets a growing demand among adult drinkers seeking sweeter alternatives.

terra0114 (1) - Puyallup, USA - JUN 7, 2012 does not count
The people above me do NOT know what they are talking about.. This is a GREAT tasting drink, and im delighted Bud Light had put it out.. Its way better tasting than them sugary MIkes Hard Lemonades and Bartles and James. Great/refreshing Summer drink.. It only took 2 to make me HAPPY! GOOD JOB BUDWEISER!!!

dschourek (1) - - JAN 31, 2013 does not count
Awesome, caramel, bread, hay, cereal, chocolate, coffee, nuts, citrus, roasty, dough, dough

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Tricker (283) - Quebec, CANADA - JUL 27, 2014
Bière de 8 % d’alcool. Blonde très pâle, elle possède un odorat d’alcool très forte et citronné. Aucun col au versement. Elle possède un goût sucré et amer simultanément, caractéristique d’un margarita. Très bonne, rafraichissante !

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
jenkinslive (5) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 18, 2012 does not count
Not a fan at all of margaritas but lime-a-ritas are so good! Perfect drink while chilling at a pool or cookout. Even better over ice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dlihcsnatas (306) - Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2014
I have had other lime beers and so called margarita flavored beers but they taste like beer with a shot of lime juice. OK so this doesn’t taste like beer but for me that is a good thing. I love a good margarita in the summer and after so many flops in this genre of beers I had my doubts this would be any good. WOW! was I surprised by this one. It is the same lime juice color as I have come to expect from a real margarita. Has the right aroma too. The taste, well if I didn’t know better I would think that I am drinking a real margarita from a salt rimmed glass. This is about as close to having a margarita as you can get without the Tequila. Best part is that I don’t have to squeeze a bunch of limes or salt up a glass for this. I can just pop it open and enjoy. Had been looking at this one for a long time and just couldn’t seem to bring myself to try it. Grabbed one from a gas station while on a road trip just because they had them on display and now I am mad at myself for not trying this sooner. This is now on my top pick for too hot for anything other than the pool and a margarita day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
gigmaster (1) - Chatsworth, Georgia, USA - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
The bouquet is nice and limey. It smells like a decent margarita. Out of the can, the first taste is lime and Triple Sec everywhere, with a nice salty edge to it. But the finish was skunky, and reminded me of wet gym socks. On another reviewers suggestion, I tried it over the rocks, and it was much better. The head was the typical small-bubbled, egg-white commercial heads that lasted about 30 seconds, but margaritas aren’t supposed to have a head anyway. The skunkiness went away and left a nice clean lime finish. It tastes like a mild margarita, very refreshing. I also tried cooking a Tequila Lime Perdue chicken with it in my pressure cooker, and it was outstanding! This stuff is more valuable as a cooking ingredient than as a drink. Over-all, not a bad drink, and a welcome addition to my kitchen magic (I am a chef)...much better than a lot of wines. For drinking, it’s OK, but at over $7.00 for 4 cans, you can buy the stuff and make real margaritas cheaper.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Iceholecyn (12) - Hayden, Idaho, USA - JUN 24, 2012
Smells like a lime margarita, tastes like fruit loops. Needs to be ice cold. I will stick to real Margaritas, but would drink this again if it was given to me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
megjlutton (20) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - APR 24, 2013
This is not your typical beer - it’s color is yellow/clear. It tastes of lime and lemon, a strong version of Sprite. This is a great summer drink on a nice hot day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
laurenannmcl (20) - - APR 28, 2013
Great drink for a hot summer day. Pours clear with a hint of yellow and no head. The taste definitely has a twist with a full flavor of lime and hint of lemon. Light/medium bodied with slight carbonation. Does not taste like beer, but is definitely a thirst quencher.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
YOyoYO (2) - Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 2, 2012 does not count
My two favorite summer drinks are BL Lime and Margaritas, so this is a no-brainer for me. If you like the quick grabs, like mikes harder, then this one is for you. Not a beer, but a malt beverage. It’s not great quality by any means. It tastes slightly artificial compared to a real margarita, but for what it is, it’s great. Love the 8% ABV and low sugar content compared to similar drinks, especially traditional margaritas. Great for beach, boating or poolside. Perfect for any occasion a red solo cup is appropriate. Definitely take the cans advice and serve over ice, huge difference. I gave this a high overall because it great for what it is, just don’t take it too serious.