Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 247   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.94/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Margaritas, the classic summer cocktail, are getting a fresh twist this summer with today’s national launch of Bud Light Lime Lime-a-Rita, the latest addition to the growing Bud Light portfolio. Blending the flavor of an authentic margarita with a refreshing splash of Bud Light Lime, Lime-a-Rita is an 8%* ABV margarita-flavored alcohol beverage that meets a growing demand among adult drinkers seeking sweeter alternatives.

dlihcsnatas' rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dlihcsnatas (492) - Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2014
I have had other lime beers and so called margarita flavored beers but they taste like beer with a shot of lime juice. OK so this doesn’t taste like beer but for me that is a good thing. I love a good margarita in the summer and after so many flops in this genre of beers I had my doubts this would be any good. WOW! was I surprised by this one. It is the same lime juice color as I have come to expect from a real margarita. Has the right aroma too. The taste, well if I didn’t know better I would think that I am drinking a real margarita from a salt rimmed glass. This is about as close to having a margarita as you can get without the Tequila. Best part is that I don’t have to squeeze a bunch of limes or salt up a glass for this. I can just pop it open and enjoy. Had been looking at this one for a long time and just couldn’t seem to bring myself to try it. Grabbed one from a gas station while on a road trip just because they had them on display and now I am mad at myself for not trying this sooner. This is now on my top pick for too hot for anything other than the pool and a margarita day.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
nimbleprop (6339) - SouthWest, Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 23, 2015
Giant 25oz can thanks to Mr Chopin. What a jerk! Pours a clear lime gold. No head. Nose smelled like someone puked a margarita, salt. Flavor is lime and butter and salt and coconut. Bad. The worst of the bunch.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
rdixon77 (1695) - Georgia, USA - NOV 22, 2015
Yup, it has a margarita flavor. More bitter, but plenty of sweet, sour, lemon, lime. Some strange tequila flavor too. Not great, but is what it is.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Travlr (17660) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 14, 2015
Can hoisted upon us by MrChopin, our new sworn enemy. Cloudy yellow green color. Aroma of chemicals. Taste of chemicals. Blah.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
AleRider78 (328) - - OCT 19, 2015
Pours barely any head and what little there is goes away quickly. Has a light green/yellowish appearance. No lacing at all. Aromas of lime, citrusy notes. Flavours are quite bitter and sour, just lime and a lemon like taste. Alcohol in the finish. Just awful and glad it?s a tiny can.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Panzuriel (1557) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - SEP 23, 2015
8 oz can. Bud Light Lime-a-Rita is a somewhat hazy light green liquid with fizzy carbonation. Nose is fake lime and mock margarita spice. Taste is lime and a bit of tang with a good amount of sweetness. Body thin. overall a decent margarita substitute in a can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ozzy70 (271) - - SEP 22, 2015
8 oz. can. Pours hazy/cloudy. No head. Aroma of lime, tequila and lemon. Tasted like a badly made margarita.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bigdelicious (1) - New York, USA - AUG 30, 2015 does not count
If you like beer and you want a beer don’t buy this but if you like margaritas and it’s a treat. Make an Arnold Palmer with half unsweetened ice tea and half linearity at a barbaque for a refreshing alternative to beers,

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Augdraught1981 (224) - Harlem, Georgia, USA - JUL 26, 2015
Refreshing Margarita minus the tequila & triple sec. Sweet & tart with a strong but smooth lime flavor. Overall ok but not my thing. As a beverage I would rate this higher but as a beer, it barely qualifies thus a middle of the road 10 for me overall

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Beersiveknown (4408) - NORTHERN IRELAND - JUL 24, 2015
botttle at craig’s july tasting
botttle at craig’s july tasting
wan gold, thin, fruity, not overly artificial tasting, rowntrees fruit pastilles

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
MadIndian (2663) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 23, 2015
Can from Nick Knacks. Needed the rating. Notes of acid, lemon, lime and sugar. Body was thin. Very sweet. Ehhh.