overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 157   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.1   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
The beer based margarita is now introduced with strawberry flavoring. This is our take on the traditional margarita. Beer drinkers were already mixing Bud Light Lime into margaritas to create ‘beer ritas’; Lime-a-Rita just adds a new level of convenience by providing a beverage with the perfect balance of flavors.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Zymurgeist2 (1115) - Redwood City, California, USA - JUL 11, 2014
On tap at Grant’s Farm. This is a tough one to rate....especially the appearance. Aroma of sweet fruit and strawberry. Lime not perceptible. Pours a mostly clear fuchsia with no head. Taste is sugary sweet, puckeringly so. Like a fruit punch, the strawberry seems to overwhelm the "rita" aspects of the beer. Malt barely present. Could not drink it and it was a freebie. Just cloyingly sweet and nothing enjoyable, but it was not contaminated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
andrepintado (1575) - Lisbon, PORTUGAL - JUL 11, 2014
Can from american store. Appearance is hazy orange, rose, red. No head. Body is light. High sweetness. Aroma is strawberry, chewing gum, alcohol. Expected much worse!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
CanIHave4Beers (3362) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JUL 10, 2014
Can, shared by me... in my dining room... just now.
Pours a bright red and looks much like strawberry soda.

The aroma is most defiantly sweet with lots of lime and artificial strawberry. It’s not an unpleasant smell by a long shot.

The flavor is really actually fairly pleasant, I mean it tastes like a strawberry lime-aide soda... but like a pretty good version of that sort of soda. The alcohol is noticeable, but nowhere near the 8% range. Mild salty and beer like flavors are present but fairly muted and come out a little more as it warms.

One of my earliest memories as a kid was walking with my mom to the grocery store with a freshly skinned knee and a can of strawberry soda. The strawberry soda cheered me up. I was no older than 4 when this happened... close to, if not my daughters age.
It’s hard to shake something as hard wired as finding a rarely indulged in strawberry soda immeasurably pleasurable for close to 30 years. So this certainly does it for me as a beverage.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
phaleslu (6843) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 6, 2014
8 oz. can for $1 from Kroger. Pours a clear, bright, cartoonish pink color with no head. This one is the most artificial, and therefore worst, of the 5 Ritas. Strawberry candy, some lime, and not much else. Light-bodied, with a sweet, juicy mouthfeel. This is the one I’d be least likely to have again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AlfredReece92 (25) - Taylor, Arkansas, USA - JUL 3, 2014
Actually has a strawberry taste, surprised by that... The red color was a little off putting to me being a beer... Its ok cold, but it turns bitter to me as it warms. Perhaps pour it over ice as they say to, but there in to me a beer shouldn’t be poured over ice

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
JHeath99 (1151) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - JUL 3, 2014
Can from a grocery store. Pours a Kool Aid red. Aroma of watered down strawberries. Taste of overly sweet strawberries.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
HeistAlmighty (1155) - Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUN 29, 2014
8oz can. Drank from can, not over ice as suggested. Pink colour to body. Strawberry syrup aroma. Taste is berry, syrup, tart lime and nasty light beer. Fizzy carbonated body, sticky sweet. Overall, might actually be a decent cooler if you like strawberry, the addition of and claiming to be beer is unnecessary. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Bulk_Carrier (2275) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Ain’t no time like the right time in Southeastern Alaska to have a crappy beer to remind how crappy fishing was to me. Sigh, here goes. I did pour this into a pint glass and thought my eyebrows were just about blown off due to the carbonation pounding through the beer and practically in my face, and no, I did not shake this up I wasn’t born yesterday. There really wasn’t anything else to look at. The smell had a glossed over sort of strawberry trying to come but ultimately failing. The taste actually had the strawberry but it was really subpar as I didn’t really find it to be satisfying. On the palate, I would like to say this beer watched that commercial about "going into beast mode" (nike, maybe, sorry, can’t remember). The carbonation moves into beast mode and basically rapes and strips my taste buds and tongue without letting me even to try to say "uncle.....you win, you win, please let me go. Overall, what the flying fill in the blank was this. Cue Dierks Bentley: "what was I thinking?"

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
BelgianBeerGal (3245) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JUN 18, 2014
Tiny can at the TLF to try it out before buying more for the beach. Not sure what to say. Remotely resembles a margarita mixed with beer but also buckets of food coloring and flavorings. I didn’t expect much and it delivered that low bar.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Homer321 (2146) - Rock Ridge, Florida, USA - JUN 13, 2014
welp, why not try it. drank from the can after making popsicles. oh my sugar! A truly nauseating amount of sugar with some saltiness and tequila flavors. whew. then the boost kicks in and makes my head spin. the strawberry is second or third fiddle in this "beer" when it comes to the booze and -rita. Probably the worst of the fruit varients.