overall
Serve in Shaker

RATINGS: 177   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.11   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
The beer based margarita is now introduced with strawberry flavoring. This is our take on the traditional margarita. Beer drinkers were already mixing Bud Light Lime into margaritas to create Ďbeer ritasí; Lime-a-Rita just adds a new level of convenience by providing a beverage with the perfect balance of flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Chudwick (2443) - Cincyucky, Kentucky, USA - APR 20, 2013
24oz can - pours kool-aid red with no head. Nose is artificial strawberry just like the strawberry "sirop" by Tesseire from France. A second sniff reveals the margarita base. the third makes me think of the salt that usually accompanies margaritas. flavor is dominated by the margarita qualities and the strawberry takes a backseat. Sweet and tart with saltiness (perhaps only through the association to the real margarita). Easy to drink if you like Bud Light Lime, margaritas and artificial strawberry flavoring. I do!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
poisoneddwarf (1957) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - MAY 10, 2013
24 oz can. Looks just like fruit punch in my glass; it had a head, but I canít recall the color of it because it disappeared so fast. Smells just like a strawberry margarita--I donít get any beer at all. Tastes like a cheap strawberry margarita; Iím not getting any beeriness at all. Itís sweet and sour like it should be. Carbonation is fairly soft. Itís not bad tasting, but I really donít want to finish the whole thing. I bet I can get my wife to polish it off.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
djd07 (6058) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 24, 2013
Can. Pours clear red with small pink head that diminishes to nothing. Aroma of strawberry and booze. Thin mouthfeel with acidic strawberry flavor and more like a boozy strawberry soda. Oddly refreshing

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GT2 (9360) - San Diego County, California, USA - MAY 25, 2013
8oz can from a memorial day cookout. Low haze neon fruit punch red, fizzing out light pink foam. No retention or lace. Nose is fresher strawberry candies, some moderate margarita mix lime, thick Hawaiian punch sugary childrenís unhealthy drink. Taste follows with moderate margarita mix spiked Hawaiian punch. Not gross, but so far from beer as an institution that it probably should be reconsidered as an Alcopop.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
brystmar (1314) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 10, 2013
Bright neon red appearance; virtually zero head. Big strawberry aroma is somewhat authentic? Ok I've got it: this smells exactly like those red sour straws candy.

Honestly tastes pretty good when it's cold; worsens as it warms (no surprise there). Strawberry-forward; only tastes somewhat artificial. Too sweet, yes, but not excessively so.

Man. As much as I want to dislike this, I really can't. It's great for what it is, and even objectively, it's pretty good. Damn.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Mora2000 (5968) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 13, 2013
Reddish-pink color with a white head. The aroma if full of sweet strawberries. The flavor is a mix of strawberries, sugar and some light tartness. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. I should probably hate this beer, but I kind of like it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
salaba13 (20) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - APR 23, 2014
Citrus alcohol aroma with a clear carbonated red appearance. Very sweet and fruity tasting that is mild and also fizzy and lively with a strong finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
CanIHave4Beers (3568) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JUL 10, 2014
Can, shared by me... in my dining room... just now.
Pours a bright red and looks much like strawberry soda.

The aroma is most defiantly sweet with lots of lime and artificial strawberry. Itís not an unpleasant smell by a long shot.

The flavor is really actually fairly pleasant, I mean it tastes like a strawberry lime-aide soda... but like a pretty good version of that sort of soda. The alcohol is noticeable, but nowhere near the 8% range. Mild salty and beer like flavors are present but fairly muted and come out a little more as it warms.

One of my earliest memories as a kid was walking with my mom to the grocery store with a freshly skinned knee and a can of strawberry soda. The strawberry soda cheered me up. I was no older than 4 when this happened... close to, if not my daughters age.
Itís hard to shake something as hard wired as finding a rarely indulged in strawberry soda immeasurably pleasurable for close to 30 years. So this certainly does it for me as a beverage.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
obguthr (4603) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - MAR 31, 2013
Strawberry dominated nose, lime underneath. Fizzy pink, headless. Strawberry soda flavor. Alcohol barely noticeable. Alcopop, rape drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
j12601 (7955) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAY 18, 2013
Can(s) at Jamesís 4k/5k/10k tasting. Pours a mostly clear ruby with no head. Smells or raspberry and strawberry soda, touches of lime. Smells like a green Skittle plus a red Skittle. Tastes like soda, lime and artificial strawberries. Oddly not terrible. Comes off as a warm slurpee.