overall

RATINGS: 466   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.62   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bud Light Platinum has reinvented the category of light beer. Within each cobalt blue bottle lies a bold formula thatís triple filtered with a smooth finish to create its stop shelf taste. Its the first of its kind, and the only beer worthy of the name Bud Light Platinum.

KUEric's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
KUEric (888) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 13, 2012
Not a good beer. And its more expensive than regular Bud Lite. I was hoping the price would be the same. More of the same ... but drunker.

kellzbellz (1) - radford, Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2015 does not count
I refuse to drink anything else!!!!!! Its a little expensive but its totally worth it!!! Even tho I wish it wasnít so expensive!!!!! And Iíd love to be able to find a 24 pack or a 30 pack!!!!!!! All Iíve seen is 22ís, 6 packs and 12 packs!!!!! But I rate it a 100 plus!!!!!!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Alcoman (4) - Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2015 does not count
This is the socially acceptable drink for someone in a crowd of judgemental know-nothings. Still tastes like BL piss-water but has the potency to get you tipsy enough to deal with the likes of the closed-minded. You can drink it like water and it goes through as such. Ideal for lightweight novices but decent enough to fit in with the crowd.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
beer_rookie (115) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 7, 2015
Pours a light golden straw color. Looks like Bud Light. It has a head that lasts pretty well, probably longer than a Bud Light. Lots of little bubbles, and theyíre clinging to the sides of my glass like crazy! Lacing? Did I miss it?

Right from the moment I opened the bottle, I could smell something. At first I thought it was floral, but now I think itís just íunroastedí malt. It also has alcohol on the nose. Itís different. I donít know why Iím rating it as highly as I am.

Taste is very light, the lightness of Bud Light of course. But because of it, I taste alcohol, and I detect some hoppiness in there. The hops bitterness is countered by some sweetness. Itís pretty good. In no way complex, but it works,

Mouthfeel, yeah. I donít know what it is, but it just doesnít finish very clean. Itís light in body, but doesnít finish clean and crisp like Bud Light. Not that Iím comparing it necessarily to Bud Light, but itís not what I expect.

Overall, itís pretty good. After 22oz of this, and the alcohol is starting to kick in, itís starting to seem better and better. I like it. I would drink it again. I would recommend it. But if itís a high alcohol beer you want, there are better options. If itís Bud Light you want, then thatís what you should buy. If you want both, then íthis Budís for you!"

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
GIJOE (924) - North Berwick, Maine, USA - MAY 5, 2015
Clear, pale gold, fizzy. No head. Nose slightly malty. Tastes sweet like diet soda. Slightly bitter aftertaste. What can I say? It's better than standard Bud Light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
maley1 (884) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 5, 2015
Clear yellow pour with medium white head. Aroma of malts, grains and metallic. Taste of malts, grains, corn and a metallicky sweet finish. Light bodied, medium carbonation, drinkable but not very good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
J_man (785) - Tustin, California, USA - MAY 3, 2015
12 oz. bottle left in my fridge by a visitor. Thereís next to no aroma from this crystal clear very light yellow beer with a thin and quickly dissipating but persistent white head. The same goes for the flavor although there is a decent tasting very light breadiness. There is a light hop taste and bitterness too although itís kind of muddled. I was surprised that it actually had a bit more body than I thought it would for a light lager. Leaves behind that annoying "Bud" taste that makes me feel like Iím going to wake up with a headache (although itís not as bad as I remember from other Bud products) . This definitely starts going downhill as soon as it starts warming up in the slightest. Overall, I was surprised that this didnít suck as much as I thought it would.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
mjg74 (2788) - Salem, Oregon, USA - APR 20, 2015
Bottle from buddy at work. Medium golden in color. Grainy, fusel malt liquor nose. Somewhat sweet with lots of grains and maybe a corn sort of flavor to it. Like a cheap weak malt liquor.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
trexibmer (33) - - MAR 22, 2015
How can it be Bud LIGHT beer with so much more calories at supposedly 6% ABV? Alcohol makes carbs and carbs are caloric. So LIGHT in taste (what taste? Not much) it certainly is, but in calories, no way! Plain, regular Bud Light stinks anyway. At least it doesnít taste like wet cardboard. Otherwise, I wish I could rate it lower... And this "platinum" is just more booze and headaches: Itís malt liquor. Admit it. Face it. If I wanted a Budweiser malt liquor then go for King Cobra and enjoy a wicked hangover as well as this skunk sugary, no real malt (and where are the hops?) swill.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JLAZZARA7 (1) - Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2015 does not count
Way to sweet. Clear, gold, and pale character - does not have a good balance. Left with a bad taste in the mouth - odd flavoring. Not very sessionable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20